Grand River Area Family YMCA Inc.
Channel Islands YMCA
YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operations Officer is responsible for the successful operation through a district model, of the branches of the Association, including member services, program development, annual support, volunteer recruitment, supervision and development of branch executives, community relations, collaborations, and budgeting and financial results. Also incorporates the core values of caring honesty, respect and responsibility in everything that is done.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS).
2. YMCA Multi-team Leader or Organizational Leader
3. Minimum 10 years YMCA exempt/professional work experience or equivalent in a related field, including senior management experience.
4. Strong human relation skills
5. Volunteer or Staff development/supervision experience
6. Knowledge & experience in budgeting of 10M, fiscal management, financial development, and board and community relations.
7. Knowledge of successful membership practices, quality program development, and facility/property management.
8. Understand the nature & purpose of the YMCA and understand the proper role of volunteers and staff.
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills
2. Bilingual - English/Spanish
3. Current CPR/AED/First Aid/O2 Certification
1. Provides leadership and direction through coaching and counseling to staff, specifically Membership and Program Vice-Presidents, District Executive Directors, Executive Directors, and supervisory personnel; addressing the root causeof any systemic issues.
2. Supervise reports and lead association to ensure that sound operation principles are in practice. Accountable for the financial performance of these units. Monitor monthly financial reports to assure that revenue targets are met, and expenses are controlled.
3. Work with the Chief Development Officer to provide leadership and direction to the annual support campaign, the United Way contribution and government grants and reimbursements.
4. Provide corporate staff leadership for membership and program development and coordination of branches; providing outreach programs to meet the needs of special and non-traditional segments of the community. Identify potential areas for branch cooperative programming to accomplish Association Goals, and work with staff teams to develop and implement programs.
5. Assist Districts in the planning, development, training and implementation of new program thrusts and activities.
6. Keep records pertaining to program and membership, essential for control, evaluation and reporting to committees, the Board of Directors, and the CEO. Provide membership and statistical reports.
7. Assist with the coordinating, monitoring, and updating Association program policies and guidelines. Responsible for the implementation of membership and program evaluation systems throughout the Association to guarantee faithfulness to YMCA purpose, high quality, and maintenance of YMCA standards.
8. Responsible for member relations, including complaint resolution.
9. Responsible for the operational support to growth of the Association through program expansion, member recruitment and retention, pricing strategies, and assisting with new site development, collaborations, mergers, and acquisitions. Guides the organizationto make tough choices about what to stop, start, and continue.
10. Identifies potential areas for branch cooperative programming to accomplish YMCA goals and works with staff groups to develop and implement programs.
11. Represents the CEO in the community as needed.
12. Other duties as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
The Chief Operations Officer is part of a robust senior leadership team. The COO plays a critical leadership role in the Association as the individual most responsible for delivering relevant and accessible membership and programs to the community, spearheading operational innovation, and enhancing and maintaining exceptional service standards. The COO reports directly to the CEO and has shared accountability for the overall success of the YMCA. The Association will have a satisfied and growing membership, quality programs and services, effective staff, a sound financial position and a positive community image.
Preferred: Organizational Leader