YMCA of Darien Community Inc
The YMCA of Central New Mexico
YMCA Allard Center
To lead all aspects of the Youth Sports Leagues/Camps, Youth Classes, and Adult Leagues. To provide leadership to the after school program, and Special Events. To help supervise program staff and volunteers, and must be willing to work some weekday evenings and weekends.
Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management, Recreation, Education or related field.
Experience with youth programming.
Must be computer proficient using Microsoft Office software programs and database software programs.
- To hire, train, supervise, recognize, evaluate, schedule, and terminate staff.
- Help develop and monitor budget for Youth leagues, Adult Leagues, and Youth Classes.
- Assist with supervising, planning, and implementing activities that will accomplish all the 21st Century afterschool program goals and objectives.
- Assist in brochure development, including class write-ups, class costs, and scheduling of classes.
- Help develop recreation, interactive academic and enrichment programs to be delivered during the out-of-school time.
- Help to plan and implement family nights and parental involvement activities
- Establish clear behavior expectations for all program participants and ensure that they are followed throughout the program
- Assist with Building Rentals
- Lead all aspects of Adult Leagues department
- Help develop, plan, promote, and administer all Youth League and Class activities
- Participate in YMCA annual campaign, United Fund, and YMCA special events as a volunteer and supporter in all possible areas
- Lead in all aspects of the Corporate Challenge special event
- Assist with Golf Outing fundraiser
- Accept additional responsibilities as deemed appropriate in order to help the YMCA accomplish its mission / tasks assigned by the Branch Executive Director
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y's values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCAs efforts for all stakeholders. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives.
Collaboration: Builds relationships to create small communities. Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader building collaborations to advance YMCA mission and goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Personal Growth: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well. Use best practices and demonstrates up to date knowledge and skill in technology. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
YMCA Team Leader Certification Preferred
CPR and First Aid Certification required within 30 days of hire.