Tandy Family YMCA
Central Connecticut Coast YMCA
Do you have experience in Aquatic Management and Supervisory experience? We are looking for a dynamic individual to join the busy aquatics department of our Boroughs Family Branch YMCA!
General Function: Under the direction of the Senior Program Director the Aquatics Director- Health and Safety will have primary responsibility of all Lifeguards and the Health and Safety activities within the Boroughs Branch. Every effort will be made to operate a first-rate Aquatic Program which will focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The incumbent will assist with the operation and administration of all the aquatic programs at the facility and within the community. Additional responsibilities involve supervising, training, coaching staff, administrative responsibility of the department and provide program development in accordance with the guidelines proposed by the YMCA of the USA.
Job Type: Salary Exempt range of $47,500 annually with full benefit package to include, generous PTO, access to facilities, Medical, Dental, Disability, Life, Vision, & Pet Insurance, and ability to participate 403B Retirement Savings Plan. Also, once fully vested, the YMCA will pay into a retirement account for you!
If this sounds like something you are qualified to do and want to apply, please submit your resume/cover letter today to our HR Department today at [email protected]!!
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
The YMCA of Central Massachusetts provides an environment that reflects, respects, and celebrates our differences and the richness of diversity, resulting in strengthening the foundation of community through our pillars of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least 3 years of experience in supervision or 7 years’ experience with increasing responsibilities.
Requires completion and maintaining certification as Lifeguard, Swim Instructor, Pool Operator and Aquatic Facilities Management.
Strong communication and human relation skills in dealing with staff and members are essential. This position requires decision making skills, as it relates to aquatic safety and the efficient operation of the aquatic area.
1. Ensure that the highest member service standards are constantly maintained in the aquatic department.
2. Assist in the implementation and supervision of aquatic programs and collaborations ensuring the highest quality and adherence to YMCA standards.
3. Recruit, hire, train, retain, coach and evaluate qualified Lifeguards. Maintain harmony among staff members and resolve grievances.
4. Ensure appropriate staff coverage for all lifeguard shifts. Will cover any unoccupied shifts.
5. Work in tandem with the AD of Swim Lessons to have Director coverage on the deck evenings from 4-7pm to ensure quality programming.
6. Provide LG in-service training of staff monthly to ensure the highest standards of safety and Risk Management.
7. Responsible to make sure all pool schedules are up to date including but not limited to the app
8. Ensure the highest standards for aquatic safety including Department of Public Health standards are constantly maintained.
9. Assist in the development and tracking of all department budgets.
10. Ensure the Character Development and YMCA focus areas are
implemented in the aquatic department and programs.
11. Make sure clear, concise and consistent information is communicated to
members and staff.
12. Play an active leadership role in the branch’s Annual Campaign,
assist leadership in the successful completion of the campaign and other.
related special events and activities.
13. Attend Aquatic Task Force meetings and other required meetings within
the Branch and Association.
14. Assume responsibility for the physical upkeep of the pool and
15. Assist in, any and all, branch programs and activities at the request of supervisor.