R.C. Dickenson Family YMCA
Border View Family YMCA
YMCA Bethesda-Chevy Chase
The Vice President of Administration (VPA) serves as the Chief Executive Officer’s (CEO) key partner and works with the senior leadership team in achieving the CEO’s and board’s vision for the organization. In concert with others, the VPA executes strategies to accomplish the priorities established for the organization and brings oversight and direction to various departments within the YMCA. The VPA is responsible for the successful functioning of the Y’s financial, human resources, and administrative performance. The VPA will supervise the Human Resources, Finance, and Risk and Safety resources for the Y.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree and YMCA Organizational Leader certification preferred
· 10+ years of progressive and successful senior leadership responsibility
· Oversee & align the operations of the Finance, Legal, and Human Resources teams.
· Work with CEO to develop long-range plans to meet the needs of the organization and to sustain its financial health.
· Consult with and advise the CEO on a wide range of financial and operational matters and subsequently execute decisions as appropriate.
· Align organizational structures and resources with priorities so that operational effectiveness and efficiency are strengthened.
· Annually lead an inclusive budgeting process, including approving appropriate controls.
· Oversee budgets and resource allocations and monitors financial performance.
· Prepare and interpret financial, grant management, and accounting reports for appropriate stakeholders.
· Administer the organization’s audit processes (independent and internal), ensuring compliance with all legal, regulatory, and ethical requirements.
· Lead the HR department in developing and implementing HR strategies, policies, and programs aligned with the company’s objectives.
· Oversee all aspects of HR operations, including recruitment, onboarding, talent management, performance evaluation, and employee relations.
· Ensure compliance with labor laws, regulations, and company policies.
· Develop and implement compensation and benefits strategies that attract and retain top talent.
· Collaborate with managers to address employee development needs, training programs, and succession planning.
· Serve as technical advisor and staff support for Board of Directors finance and audit committee and HR committee.
· Serve with the CEO and senior colleagues as good stewards of the Y’s resources and legacy.
· Work to infuse the organization’s culture with a passion for its mission and a shared sense of purpose and direction.
· Recruit, engage, coach and evaluate staff to develop a high-performing team.
· Creates and promotes a positive and supportive, inclusive work environment
· Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
· Inclusion: Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
· Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
· Influence: Employs influence strategies that engage, inspire, and build commitment to the cause and overall Y goals.
· Communication: Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
· Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
· Decision Making: Integrates logic, intuition, and sound judgment to analyze information to identify the greatest opportunities, make sound decisions, and solve problems.
· Change Capacity: Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.
· Emotional Maturity: Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
· Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
· Innovation: Participates in the generation, experimentation, and implementation of new approaches and activities that improve and expand the Y’s mission and work.