YMCA of Darien Community Inc
The YMCA of Central New Mexico
Decatur County Family YMCA Branch
The Sports Director provides leadership and support for the YMCA of Wichita Falls. The Sports Director will recruit and supervise mission driven employees and ensure excellence in Y best practices in operation of the Sports department. Regular interaction with employees, leadership, members, and other business associates in an outgoing, friendly, and courteous manner is essential. The Program Director will support the mission, purpose, and goals of the YMCA, while performing the essential duties and responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Sport and Recreation Management, Education, or related field preferred.
• Highly motivated, organized, personable, enthusiastic, displaying strong leadership abilities.
• Two years of Y program experience preferred.
• YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
• Must pass a background check.
· Physically able to sit at a computer terminal and enter data.
· Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with all community stakeholders.
· Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 45lbs independently.
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values, ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives, provides staff and volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition, cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives, builds relationships to create small communities, empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience; provides staff and volunteers with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions, conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities, develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team, effectively creates and manages budgets, holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights, facilitates change, models adaptability along with an awareness of the impact of change on others, utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance, has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well, uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.