Provides strategic direction, execution, and management of a comprehensive, integrated annual giving and alumni engagement program. The director understands the impact of these activities on building the philanthropic foundation for Camp Manito-wish, including its potential for major and planned gifts. Works collaboratively with staff, alumni, board, volunteers, and donors to ensure efforts are reflective of the Manito-wish mission and vision.
To perform satisfactorily, the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement should bring the following experience or skills to this position:
· A combination of education and experiences necessary to lead the Annual Fund Drive annual campaign and Alumni Engagement initiatives.
· Ability to work collaboratively to achieve common goals.
· Understanding of database management, gift processing, and donor relations.
· Highly organized with a strong attention to details.
· Excellent listening skills, confidence, honesty, and follow-through.
· Ability to react and adapt to changing situations appropriately.
· Demonstrated analytical and fund raising skills with the ability to recognize and take action on giving trends and opportunities.
· High degree of comfort and experience with computers, and a variety of software.
· Ability to travel occasionally for events, willingness to work nights, and weekends as needed.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement:
· In collaboration with the development director, provide direction, execution, and measurement of a comprehensive annual giving campaign and alumni engagement program.
· Ability to build and maintain rapport with donors.
· In collaboration with the marketing and recruitment director, develop a coordinated mix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, web based, direct mail, phone, video messages, and volunteer engagements focused on delivering a sustainable tradition of annual support.
· Implement and maintain best practices in the areas of gift processing, data management and donor relations as it relates to annual giving and alumni engagement.
· Provide strategic direction with the intention of growing the annual giving program while supporting the greater development needs of the organization.
· As part of the budget process, in collaboration with the development director and chief executive officer, set the annual giving goal, implement, and execute.
· Plan and implement a variety of alumni gatherings and events throughout the country.
· In collaboration with the development director, selected staff and volunteers, plan and implement a variety of events, including reunions, Fires of Friendship Circle events, and annual dinners.
· Manage the Camp Manito-wish digital and physical archives housed primarily in the John F. Michler Heritage Center.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with a network of volunteers to achieve annual fund drive plans and alumni engagement initiatives.
· Serve on various task forces as appropriate established by the board of directors.
· Represent Manito-wish by sitting on appropriate boards, attending and presenting at appropriate conferences, and engaging in development-related committee work