Join a strong Y Association as the Maintenance Director at our Tri-County Branch.
Directs the maintenance and improvement operations of the facility and grounds including preventative maintenance and related budgets. This is a hands-on position related to the overall maintenance and custodial needs of the facility.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent of education/experience in facility management or a related field.
- Three or more years experience in facility management or closely related field.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
- Skills in supervision, budget management and project management.
- Requires the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written form, and in a positive and professional manner with members, supervisors, volunteers, and co-workers, maintaining confidentiality and exchanging accurate information in all communications.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required within 30 days of employment.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification required within 90 days of employment.
- Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA insurance standards.
- Familiarity with personal computers and spreadsheets helpful.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
The work is performed both indoors and out and may require travel to various locations. While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.