Let the next step in your career be a footprint in the sands of sunny Tampa Bay, Florida.
Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director, the Program Director Early Childhood Development directs all aspects of early childhood enrichment and youth/family programming with the expectation of achieving program and center goals. This includes ensuring a superior member experience and supporting product line colleagues. The Program Director develops, plans and implements procedures and methods within Association guidelines to achieve retention and other strategic goals as assigned. Assists the leadership team in development of member-centered programs and provides a leadership role, as assigned, to the annual fundraising campaign. Under the direction of the Youth Development leadership team, this role will also provide association-wide oversight for center-based early learning programs, including launching future licensed preschools. In addition, the Director creates and implements year-round stay and play curriculum and training.
This position requires a high-energy passionate leader who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for youth, and a proven track record in building upon prior success. Division of labor will be 75% spent at the Spurlino Family YMCA and 25% spent toward association duties in Stay and Play and Preschool development.
Critical areas of expertise include relationship-driven retention strategies and service, peer and community influence, enhancing the member experience, leading others and working in teams, successfully overseeing part-time teams and interviewing, hiring and onboarding associates.
Program Quality and Growth
- Youth and Family Programming >Effectively plans and executes strategies that support early childhood enrichment and member retention; ensures that program goals and objectives are achieved.
- Develops and implements enrichment programming and member retention strategies, within Association guidelines, that result in the achievement of assigned department goals and revenue targets.
- Collaborates with the center leadership teams to execute program calendar and marketing plans for the center.
- Develops and leads robust program catalog and management program to include non-member program conversions
- Utilizes marketing resources and manages membership communications to include social web/social media within Association guidelines.
- Stay and Play Operations > Lead Stay and Play operations to ensure membership engagement, retention, and continuous improvement to include, but not limited to:
- Ensures standards are being followed for enrichment and engagement
- Timely notification to member services team associates about any changes regarding center, program and other related information critical to member service and engagement.
- Collaborates and maintains ongoing communication with the Association Engagement and Solutions Center (YES) ensuring program and facility updates are fluid
- Provides trainings when needed and conducts audits throughout the year to ensure all associates are operating with high level of service to all standards required.
- Plans curriculum activities for various groups of children in accordance to both age and developmentally appropriate practices as outlined by funding agencies and the Tampa YMCA mission for the high dose Preschool Enrichment program at the Spurlino Family YMCA and monthly curriculum for all Stay and Play locations association wide. Trains other program directors and creates curriculum as needed
- In alignment with the Tampa YMCA strategic plan, provides young children with intentional, developmentally appropriate learning experiences at the Spurlino Family YMCA that help prepare them for the next stage of development
- Provides caregivers with information, resources, support & connections to promote optimal development of their children through structured adult/child interaction increasing caregivers’ understanding of the critical role they play in the child’s development and kindergarten readiness
- Tracks and assesses participation in the program to ensure highest level of engagement of participants and parents
- Monitors daily program operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health & safety regulations.
- Administration > Provides leadership to center administrative functions to include, but not limited to:
- Supervises/coaches team and ensures Early Childhood Enrichment operations align with member experience, member retention, and department goals.
- Generates and/or analyzes usage, enrollment, and revenue reports to monitor and report on achievement of department goals.
- Ensures adherence to all YMCA policies and procedures regarding the safety, health and welfare of members, program participants, guests and staff.
- Ensures timely adherence to all association banking, reconciliation, and financial transaction policies and procedures and coordinates with the Association Finance office as necessary
- Regularly schedules Leader On Duty (LOD) shifts
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, motivates, and retains a team of Stay & Play and Program associates committed to the YMCA’s mission.
- Advocates for association-wide practices and is a source for innovative ways to grow and retain the membership experience, base, and practices.
- Works closely with the Youth Development leadership team regarding compliance and new preschool development opportunities.
- Audits centers throughout the year for just in time trainings to support continuous improvement.
- Provides collaborative leadership and guidance to peers through association-wide service delivery team meetings, and direct one-on-one best practice sharing with peers, both in and outside the center.
- Develops and monitors staff program development plans and training opportunities that promote career growth within the Y.
- Conducts ongoing evaluations on department associates performance.
- Develops a thoughtful and strategic Stay & Play/Programming associate schedule to ensure adequate coverage within assigned budget guidelines
- Actively participates and attends meetings, trainings, conferences, events, or workshops as assigned by supervisor
- Adheres to all policies, guidelines, rules, best practices as outlined by the Tampa Metro Area YMCA or directed by supervisor.
- Assists in all areas and projects as assigned
- Membership Engagement and Retention > Evaluates member connection and commitment to YMCA programs and services ensuring the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned to YMCA goals including:
- Analyzes data about member satisfaction and interests to ensure connection to programs, services, and other members.
- Collaborates regularly with center leadership, program operations, and other related teams to ensure the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned with member needs.
- Collaborates with product line leaders (sports, aquatics, etc.) to promote and achieve program optimization targets
- Follows up with L360 surveys within 24 hours to address member concerns.
Safety and Risk Management
- Ensures all Tampa Y program standards and best practices are implemented and followed. Applies YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to best practices, emergency procedures, medical and disciplinary situations and child abuse prevention.
- Ensures all program associates are properly trained and prepared for emergency situations. This includes implementing and following training requirements in addition to ensuring proper reporting of all incidents/accidents according to risk management procedures.
- Maintains proper records, including associate certifications, meetings, and trainings.
- Schedules associates and volunteers in accordance to safety and program needs and ensures all safety and program ratios are followed.
- Monitors programming to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health & safety regulations.