R.C. Dickenson Family YMCA
Border View Family YMCA
YMCA of Metropolitan Washington
We are a leading non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team as a Cause Driven Operations Director. This is an exciting opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of individuals and families while contributing to the growth and success of our organization.
· Previous leadership experience at a YMCA or similar non-profit organization strongly preferred
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
· 5 or more years of experience supervising staff and leading program areas
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Success leading teams and individuals
· Understanding and commitment to the Y’s mission and values
· Facility management experience
· Strong customer service skills and ability to create a customer-focused culture
· Commitment to inclusion and belonging for all
The Cause Driven Operations Director creates and maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals, promotes the potential of all, and provides a quality experience to our community. As a Y leader, this position oversees all operations of a Y branch, including membership, healthy living, aquatics, early learning, school-age enrichment, summer camp, and facility excellence. The ideal candidate will build and support strong programs that support community needs while leading branch teams of engaged cause-driven leaders.
This position provides leadership to Y team members, creates meaningful high-quality experiences and ensures successful daily operations of the branch. Your leadership skills, strong organizational abilities, and commitment to the Y’s mission will be essential to the success of this role.
The Y provides an exciting and collaborative work environment and an extensive benefits package including:
· 10% employer-funded retirement plan
· 403(b) savings plan
· High-quality healthcare with employer contribution
· Free YMCA membership for you and your family
· A generous paid time off package
· Numerous professional development opportunities; an exciting and collaborative work environment; and the ability to work with creative, talented, and diverse individuals.
· Reduced rates for childcare and other Y programs
· Opportunities for you and your family to participate in programs to improve your health and well-being
· Employer paid life and disability insurance
· Access to numerous voluntary benefit plans including pet insurance, critical illness insurance, legal insurance, enhanced vision plans, and family life insurance to name a few.
Join the Y today!
The YMCA of Metropolitan Washington operates 17 facilities in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and northern Virginia and impacts the lives of more than 250,000 youth and adults each year. A leader in innovation, the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington has made an impact in advancing health and education initiatives and strengthening the communities we serve. If your next career move includes leaving a legacy, this is the role for you!
The YMCA of Metropolitan Washington is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.