Grand River Area Family YMCA Inc.
Channel Islands YMCA
YMCA of Northwest North Carolina
Candidate must be a cause driven leader with knowledge of all aspects of operations including, effective staff recruitment, supervision and development, successful membership practices, quality program development and implementation, fiscal management, financial development and facility management.
About the YMCA of Greater Monmouth County:
The YMCA of Greater Monmouth County serves over 36,000 people annually of all ages, incomes and backgrounds. Our life-changing programs and services are anchored in 10 communities: health and wellness facilities in Freehold Township, Old Bridge and Red Bank; outdoor day camps in Millstone and Wall; counseling and social service centers in Eatontown, Matawan and Middletown; child care centers in Freehold Township and Red Bank; and off site additional programming at over 100 schools in Monmouth, Ocean, and Middlesex counties. Members and the greater community access a wide range of programs that support and strengthen lives including outreach programs, civic engagement, counseling and social services programs, Togetherhood volunteer programs and social responsibility initiatives that give back to local communities in need.
Nestled halfway between New York City and Philadelphia, Freehold Township is 38 miles of lush rural and historical character. Residents enjoy an award-winning Parks and Recreation Department, excellent school system, one of the lowest municipal tax/water/sewer rates in the region, first-rate municipal services and the area's premier retail shopping outlet, Freehold Raceway Mall.
Freehold is an ideal area for anyone who loves the quiet of the country, but the ease and convenience of being commuting distance to major cities.
$85,000+annually based on education, training and experience. Full-time, salaried position with benefits including 7% paid retirement upon eligibility. Benefits also include full family or individual medical and dental, generous holiday and vacation allowances, complimentary YMCA family membership and YMCA program discounts.
· Knowledge of all aspects of operations including effective staff recruitment, supervision and development, successful membership practices, quality program development and implementation, fiscal management, financial development and facility management.
· Capable administrator, comfortable working in a multifaceted YMCA operation with a unique mix of staff, members and programs.
· Proficiency in developing and leading a team of staff and volunteer leaders.
· Ability to relate to diverse groups of people from all socioeconomic segments of the community.
· Effective planner and organizer with ability to lead and implement long range and annual tactical plans.
· Experience with successful annual support campaigns, fundraising and special events.
· Ability to develop and strengthen community relationships and build mutually beneficial partnerships and collaborations.
· Experience leading volunteers and committees.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and personal values consistent with the YMCA mission.
· Minimum 3-5 years of YMCA or comparable managerial experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field.
· YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader Certification preferred.
· Must have visual, physical and auditory ability to act swiftly in emergency situations.
At the heart of the Freehold community since 1895, the Freehold Family YMCA is centrally located on E. Freehold Road. The building is 67,000 square feet with state-of-the-art amenities including a full gymnasium, dedicated fitness space with updated strength and cardio equipment, 2 indoor pools (6-lane and therapeutic), 2 outdoor pools, steam room/sauna, indoor track, group exercise studios, group cycling studio, outdoor basketball court, outdoor camp features, youth programming areas and six classroom childcare center.
$2.6 million operating budget, with a revenue mix of 60% membership, 20% programs, 4% fundraising, and 16% other.
Six career professionals, and over 50 additional full- and part-time staff. Direct reports include Associate Executive Director, and Camp Director.
Membership & Programs:
Facility membership base of 2,900 units/5,850 members and an additional 3,000 program participants. Financial assistance and subsidies accounts for over 10% of those served.
Program offerings at Freehold include youth and adult swim lessons, a nationally-ranked competitive swim team, summer camps, youth and adult sports clinics and leagues, 50 group exercise classes per week, personal training, chronic disease prevention, licensed child care center on site, birthday parties, member/family events, classes and events for seniors, STEAM programs, family and adult recreational activities, and lifesaving instruction.
The Freehold Family YMCA is highly regarded as a community and wellness center, here to support health and well-being for all ages, interests and abilities. It includes nearby communities including Colt’s Neck, Marlboro, Manalapan and Freehold Boro. The Freehold Family YMCA serves a diverse cultural and economic population, families of all ages and sizes, and senior citizens. Total service area population is approximately 77,000.
In addition to COVID-relief support, the Freehold Family YMCA is committed to addressing critical social issues including chronic disease prevention and support, youth/teen development, academic/social equity, support for families, mental health support, water safety, and connecting/engaging people. The Y is also an important partner to many local, charitable organizations with a shared mission, including community partners, local Freehold schools and religious institutions, and more.
· Community: Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the Y’s efforts for all stakeholders.
· Influence: Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance the Y’s mission and goals.
· Relationships: Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y.
· Developing Others: Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
· Innovation: Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities
· Quality Results: Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
· Change Capacity: Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change.
· Emotional Maturity: Anticipates challengesthat can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning.