YMCA of Coastal Carolina
YMCA of Youngstown Ohio
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA programs in assigned areas.
Areas of Responsibility:
After School Program
Youth and Adult Sports
Summer Day Camps
YMCA Feeding Program
· Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent preferred.
· Two years related experience preferred.
· Minimum age 21.
· CDL or ability to obtain CDL within 60 days of hire.
· Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens
· YMCA Team Leader or above certification.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Must be willing to work hours needed to accomplish program objectives, including nights and weekends.
· Directs, organizes, oversees and promotes high quality and engaging programming for assigned youth programs with an emphasis on safety, relationships, skill development, character development, group control and fun.
· Plans and organizes day-to-day operations and is present in assigned programs based on department guidelines, which include daily program and staff schedules.
· Recruits and hires a diverse full time and part time staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboard and develop them for success.
· Maintains all records of their assigned programs that are necessary for the operation of the department and YMCA effectively.
· Provides leadership to the YMCA Annual Campaign through development of staff team, recruiting volunteers and meeting annual fundraising goals as assigned.
· Contributes to and supervises the fulfillment of the YMCA Mission through Youth Development activities and programs.
· Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organization.
· Continually evaluates, improves and innovates all assigned programs to ensure they meet or expectations and standards.
· Responsible for the development and management of all aspects of program budgets and resources.
· Direct Program Oversight:
· Communication & Influence: Listens and expresses self effectively and in a way that engages, inspires and builds commitment to the Y’s cause.
· Developing Self & Others: Develops self and supports others (staff, volunteers, members, program participants), both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential.
· Engaging Community: Builds bridges with others in the community to ensure the Y’s work is community focused and welcoming to all, providing community y benefit.
· Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Makes informed decisions based on logic, data and sound judgement