YMCA of Montclair
Geneva Lakes Family YMCA
Dan McKinney Family YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
The Preschool Lead Teacher at the Central Community Branch YMCA oversees the development and operations of the preschool program ensuring the program meets its intended goals.
Job Type: Full-Time
Schedule: 40 hours weekly position. Monday - Friday 7:15am - 4:15pm (one hour break)
Pay: $17.60-$21.80/hour for a qualified teacher with full benefit package to include, generous PTO, access to facilities, Medical, Dental, Disability, Life, Vision, & Pet Insurance, and ability to participate 403B Retirement Savings Plan. Also, once fully vested, the YMCA will pay into a retirement account for you!
New hires for Full-Time EEC teaching positions will get a $1000 bonus--of which, $500 will be paid immediately and $500 upon a successful 90 day review.
If this sounds like something you are qualified to do and want to apply, please submit your resume/cover letter today to our HR Department at [email protected]
The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
The YMCA of Central Massachusetts provides an environment that reflects, respects, and celebrates our differences and the richness of diversity, resulting in strengthening the foundation of community through our pillars of youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• Minimum EEC Director I qualified.
• One to two years related experience (e.g., supervisor or coordinator of child care programs) preferred.
• Minimum age of 21.
• Within 30 days of hire, completion of Child Abuse Prevention, Working with Program Volunteers, CPR, First Aid, AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens training.
• Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards and completion of YMCA program-specific training.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Commitment to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
1. Acts as a Lead Teacher and will be responsible for direct program delivery, in the classroom, at least 80% of the time.
2. Manages the preschool program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in the program; creating and scheduling the activities or events; and maintaining program records or files.
3. Ensures programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
4. Assures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as they relate to program space and ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
5. Responsible for curriculum development based on The Creative Curriculum guidelines and ongoing observations and assessments of children using the Teaching Strategies Gold on-line assessment program. Also Responsible for bi-yearly parent-teacher conferences.
6. Recruits and hires diverse staff. On-boards and develops them for success. Maintains staff schedule and evaluates staff performance.
7. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions; develops and maintains collaborative relationships with staff, parents and caregivers, and community organizations (e.g., state childcare licensing agency) to maximize program impact and drive overall outcomes; maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
8. Organizes or participates in Y activities, such as committees, special events, and fundraising.
9. Maintain a flexible work schedule to include weekdays, early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends.
10. Participate, as requested, in association and branch staff meetings & committees
11. Performs other duties as assigned.