Central City Family YMCA
South Bay Family YMCA
Rocky Mount Family YMCA Inc.
The Coordinator II – Program provides outstanding customer service, guidance and leadership to all members and participants within the scope of the program(s). This position is reserved for a large branch program or with oversight to multiple programs,with a minimum of 10 direct reports, simultaneously. Perform administrative duties to assist leadership in smooth operation of the department.
The YMCA of San Diego County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. We are committed to a diverse workforce.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Four-year degree in related field preferred
• Physical ability to actively lead and participate in group exercise/fitness activities.
• Minimum two years’ experience in personal training and/or group exercise
• NCAA-Accredited Personal Training Certificate preferred (ACE, ACSM)
• RYT yoga certification
• Specialty certification/education within the mind/body space
• Minimum 3 years instructional experience within the mind/body space
• Must be organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task under pressure.
• Supervision experience, including hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, coaching, and monitoring preferred.
CPR/AED, and First Aid Certification, must include Adult and Child/Infant, obtained within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
Work with Health and Wellness Director and Membership Director to implement member engagement & retention strategies that enhance the member experience, with an emphasis on the Y Active Adult population.
o Assist in supporting and coaching Member Services & Wellness staff with engagement and outreach efforts, connecting members to programs and services related to their goals.
o Act as Manager on Duty when Membership Supervisor and Membership Director are not present.
o Fully engage with insurance paid memberships (Renew Active, Silver & Fit, Peer Fit) through direct contact via phone calls, emails, or in person to increase gate visits and impact in their well-being journey (Tracking communication and outcomes).
o Assist in the creation and implementation of the Ryan Family YMCA annual Member Engagement Calendar, as well as assist with the planning and execution of monthly Family Fun Nights and Member Appreciation Events, working with Program Directors to incorporate programs and staff from all departments.
o Lead and support branch Special Events and community outreach as assigned by the branch leadership team.
• Work with Health and Wellness Director to create and deliver programs to meet the mission of the YMCA in alignment with the Association Well-Being strategy.
o Identify members and community needs related to overall health and well-being and create programming to support needs.
o Create and deliver educational and recreational programming both onsite and offsite for our senior population.
o Assist with development and implement evidence-based programming related to senior needs and chronic disease.
o Create and deliver group exercise classes, specialty classes, private mind/body/wellness sessions and personal training sessions.