The Senior Aquatic Director creates and maintains continuity of safety and quality programming across the Association.
- The Senior Aquatic Director creates and maintains continuity of safety and quality programming across the Association.
- The Director will ensure that all facets of the YMCA’s aquatic spaces and programs meet the needs of families and health seekers.
- This position will oversee the development, administration, operations, scheduling, and supervision of, but not limited to, swim lessons, swim team, lap & recreational swimming, and safety & risk management across the association.
- The position will also be leading efforts to include the urban core communities in aquatics programming opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health, Physical Education, Exercise Science, or a related field is strongly preferred and willing to achieve.
- Five to eight years of management experience in Aquatic related field. (Y management experience preferable.)
- Prior Y experience and familiarity, training in Listen First and Supporting Change and Building Communities would be preferable.
- Outstanding communication skills and analytical planning abilities are necessary for this position
- Ensure that program quality and services meet the needs of our members.
- Member-centric hours and facility schedules are member-centric.
- Build effective relationships with members and connect them, the YMCA, and volunteer opportunities.
- Financial Management: Meet or exceed department budget goals. Develop and manage department budgets by association guidelines and practices.
- Work in collaboration with Executive Director, Welcome Center Director, Operations Director, Finance/Admin to maximize revenue opportunities and meet or exceed approved the operational budget.
- Ensure the recruitment and development of a team that supports the post’s competencies. Develop staff through training and development plans and provide recognition.
- Ensure risk management and safety policies are implemented for all aquatic programming, including safety checks, emergency drills, and in-service training.
- Maintain a log of certification credentials for aquatics staff and communicate with staff to update credentials as needed to ensure only certified staff are working
- Oversee the Greater Providence YMCA involvement and operations with SENECY
- Spearhead outreach to involve the urban core community in aquatics programs, swim team, safety around water opportunities and aquatics employment opportunities throughout the organization.
- Mission: Plan, develop and schedule mission-driven program offerings within the framework of policies and procedures established by the Association.
- Marketing: Work with marketing plan staff and branch leadership to execute the Marketing plan to support membership retention and program growth.
- Relationship Bldg: Troubleshoot/resolve member issues professionally and promptly. Establish relationships with potential/existing members/program participants and have visibility on the pool deck.
- Resource Development: Sponsoring Special Events; Active Participation in the Annual Support Campaign.
- Operations: Responsible for overall department operations, including participating in team meetings, covering shifts, and facilitating programs as necessary.
- Data: Collect and report on data as necessary for the specific home branch and Association partnership.
- Development/Management: Recruit, train & coach program volunteers for the programs.
- Environment: Quarterly audits of all mechanical equipment, program equipment, and supplies - follow up with maintenance should repairs be needed for Schedule and implementing cleaning and maintenance plans of all program areas and equipment.
- Community: Extend the YMCA into the community through offsite contracts • Run monthly meetings/training with aquatics leadership from all branches