** This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, with one evening shift (1 to 9pm) based at our Newman Branch in Seekonk, MA**
This position has the responsibility to achieve established membership goals by implementing membership growth initiatives for the YMCA of Greater Providence.
The Welcome Center Coordinator will guide, assist, and manage the Welcome Center team while delivering excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 3 or more years of directly related customer service experience and Associates Degree/two or more years of college or equivalent required.
- Management, hiring and training experience strongly preferred.
- Evidence of strong relationship building skills and outstanding communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, business reports, and procedure manuals as necessary.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively before members or employees of the Association and the public is required.
- Strong writing skills are also required. Bilingual ability is a significant asset.
- Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members.
- Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members.
- Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration.
- Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
- Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
- Leads assigned aspects of the fund-raising campaign.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To understand and educate members on the YMCA Annual Support and on volunteer opportunities, connecting them to the YMCA family.
- Provide exemplary customer service with a focus on building and sustaining strong relationships.
- Retain membership confidentiality in personal matters handling every situation in a professional manner.
- On a regular basis, rotate through the facility and engage in conversation with established members about their YMCA experience.
- Troubleshoot and resolve member issues in a professional manner and direct serious matters to the Operations Director.
- Provide Membership Consultations and facility tours to potential new members as needed.
- Oversee Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.