Responsible for all facets of sports programming and special events for children and adults in the Hornell and Dansville area.
The Sports & Program Director will oversee the development and operations of youth and adult sports at both the Hornell Area Family YMCA and the new Dansville YMCA, a branch of the Hornell YMCA. This position includes the planning and running of special events.
- Manages the youth and adult sports programs including developing and monitoring program budgets to meet fiscal needs of the association. Compiles program data and statistics to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of programs meeting community needs.
- Recruits and supervises a team of staff and volunteers to effectively manage programs to desired outcomes.
- Works with local agencies to secure necessary facilities outside of YMCA facilities when needed.
- Establishes new programs to meet changing community needs.
- Assures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations as they apply to ensure that YMCA programs meet all required standards, including ADA accommodations.
- For programs, creates teams & rosters, game schedules, tournament schedules, official schedules, rules, and guidelines, and distributes as necessary. Procures team uniforms, and awards when required, coordinates team photography, and organizes and hosts season-ending parties and events.
- Develops and manages seasonal sports clinics and camps.
- Procures sponsorship for sports programs and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions; develops and maintains collaborative relationships with staff, parents, and community organizations to maximize program impact and drive overall outcomes; maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within the area of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sufficient strength, agility, and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations (depending upon the programs).