Heart of the Valley YMCA seeks an individual who is passionate about working with children to join our Early Childhood Development Center.
Under the supervision of the Child Care Services Director and in conjunction with other staff directors, our Child Development Center Director provides leadership and support to all aspects of child care programs and related functions.
- Willingness to carry out the mission of the YMCA and its programs.
- Ability to see that all business and safety records and procedures set up by the Association are completed and accurately within the defined time schedule.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain all personal certifications needed to serve in this position.
- Ability to interpret, as well as, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and utilize initiative, ability to be organized and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Work to continue personal competency through education, outside literature, seminars, etc.
- Demonstrated record of individual development.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must meet DHR minimum requirements for Director position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Y-Ware.
- Able to work as a team leader and builder/member.
- Has a leadership presence in all situations.
- Able to work with diverse populations.
- Professional appearance and behavior.
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Able to research, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Positive attitude.
- Adhere to drug-free, tobacco-free workplace policy.
- Desire to work in a YMCA setting in accordance with the YMCA mission.