As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job. We offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a difference. The Y is looking for energetic, enthusiastic servant leaders to uphold the mission of the YMCA, and demonstrate behaviors that reflect a determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming nature.
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic Seasonal Groups and Retreats Coordinator to join our team and help create unforgettable experiences for our guests. As the Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in organizing and overseeing the operations of our camp retreats, being point contact for many groups, and ensuring that each guest enjoys a fun and engaging experience at YMCA Camp Piomingo.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong facilitation skills and experience leading workshops or group activities.
- Experience working with all ages
- Enthusiasm for outdoor activities, nature, and wellness programs
- Ability to live on site and in cabin during scheduled program times.
- Flexible schedule, including the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to engage others in conversations and make all feel welcome.
- Current First Aid, CPR, AED certifications a plus
- Team player with personal commitment to YMCA Mission, Philosophy & Character Development Values
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and execute comprehensive retreat schedules
- Be point contact and on-site host for groups
- Coordinate with activity leaders, guest speakers, and facilitators to ensure seamless integration of activities.
- Provide a warm and welcoming environment for guests, addressing their needs and concerns throughout their stay.
- Facilitate a wide range of camp activities including but not limited to: team-building, archery, axe-throwing, games, marksmanship, arts and crafts etc. that align with the retreat’s theme and objectives.
- Ensure all activities are safe, inclusive, engaging, catering to a diverse range of participants’ interests and abilities.
- Adapt to changing circumstances and make real-time decisions to maintain a positive and seamless guest experience.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with participants, staff, and management to provide timely updates, instructions, and information about the retreat schedule and logistics.