Come join our growing team as a Sports & Rec Coordinator in the beautiful city of Duluth, MN!
The Sports and Rec Coordinator will work to maintain current sports programming as well as create new programs for youth and adults to serve community need.
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, and AED. Training can be provided upon hire, and must be obtained within 90 days. Higher levels of certification are accepted.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills; detail-oriented.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Previous customer service; ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Acquired or currently working towards a degree in fields pertaining to coaching, sports management, or health and wellness.
- Managed Sports & Rec and/or other community-based programming for at least a year.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Values: Accept and demonstrate the Y’s values
- Community: Desire to serve others and fulfill community needs
- Inclusion: Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
- Relationships: Build rapport and relate well with others
- Developing Others: Take the initiative to assist in developing others
- Decision-Making: Make sound judgments, and transfer learning from one situation to another
To be discussed upon hire.