The Food Sercie Manager is in charge of all operations of the kitchen.
· Minimum age of 21 years of age
· Five years of food service management or the completion of an approved food service management program
· Two years food service management experience and current Food Manager Certification
· Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule
· High level of organization, as well as the ability to deal with a variety of participants, staff and volunteers.
· Must be able to work in cooperation with a team and with a cross-function focus
· Customer focused attitude, in order to provide the highest quality customer service and food quality for Camping Services
· Ability to manage food service staff team
· Must be able to prioritize workload
· Prepare menus of and oversee preparation of high quality meals that meet all USDA recommended guidelines
· Purchase all food and food service supplies
· Control expenses in keeping with the budgeted amounts; research vendor options for the most efficient use of resources
· Inventory all food and camp store supplies on a monthly basis
· Hire, train, schedule, and supervise all foodservice staff
· Maintain all food preparation, storage, and serving areas in an orderly and sanitary condition, while adhering to all local, state and federal laws/regulations
· Ensure food service equipment is maintained and in good working condition, replace as needed
· Identify, minimize, and eliminate, where possible, any risks that could cause accidents, illness or injury.
· Interpret safety and health standards to food service staff and follow up with their compliance
· Actively and openly solicit evaluations of the food service program from camp participants and staff