At GSCY, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in and across communities.
At the Franklin Township YMCA, we are seeking an Associate Program Director. Under the direction of the Senior Program Director, the Associate Program Director is responsible for managing activities associated with our School Age Child Care, Summer Camp and Youth Sports Program in Franklin YMCA, including the administration of these programs, as well as the supervision of a SACC program onsite as needed to ensure that the program creates opportunities for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
SACC, Camp & Youth Sports:
- Supervises all branch SACC counselors and assists counselors in day-to-day SACC operations.
- Engage in program staff hiring, training and provide continuous support and feedback.
- Lead onsite SACC program with a structured agenda to support program goals and outcomes.
- Complete registrations for participants and enroll in monthly draft schedule. Manage outstanding payments in a timely fashion.
- Manage CCCS enrollments, parent usage (weekly)
- Manage daily schedule and communicate with Bus Company regarding changes to schedule, bus timeliness, safety, etc.
- Purchase snacks within nutrition and budget guidelines
- Assist with the creation of the KDO schedule to replicate the camp day
- Ensures the delivery of high quality, safe, educational youth programming in a nurturing environment focusing specifically on YMCA's Core Values.
- Establishes and sustains positive relationships with program participants, their families and prospective members.
- Ensures all SACC programs continuously maintain the guidelines for a safe, educational, social and nurturing environment as set by the YMCA and other regulatory organizations.
- Assist in creating new programs and bringing new ideas to support program growth and development
- Responds to member and community inquires and complaints in a timely manner.
- Assists with organization-wide events beyond scope of direct programming and other tasks as directed.
- Assist with the management of branch summer camp programs. Acts as Camp Director.
- Engage as leader with camp software system interfacing with parent portal and providing support and reports
- Supervises all branch camp counselors and assists the counselors in the day to day camp operations.
- Plan, organize and implement specific programs for summer camp.
- Plan weekly special events and whole camp activities. Ensure trips are booked according to budget plans.
- Participates in all camp staff hiring beginning in December and January for those staff returning to camp and training sessions/meetings prior to and during camp
- Help staff prepare lesson plans for their groups.
- Work cooperatively with staff in increasing their leadership capabilities.
- Acquaint campers with rules, activities, daily schedule and traditions of camp.
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies are being properly used, maintained, and returned to their place when done be used.
- Keep daily attendance and ensure staff is performing head counts at each new activity.
- Report all accidents and fill out incident forms correctly and submit to supervisor, call parents when needed, etc. The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Assist in fundraising by meeting annual campaign goals and organizing volunteers to lead the annual campaign community to include supporting fundraising activities and special events as necessary.
- Responsible for complying with all Greater Somerset County YMCA Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres and incorporates the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and educates members about the YMCA mission and goals.
- Responsible for promoting programs, including developing program information for YMCA website, programming guide, social media, etc.
- Actively participate in trainings, seminars, special events, and meetings as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.