Ready to take on a pivotal role? Join YMCA of Central Ohio as our Director of Risk Management & lead us to a safer future!
Responsible for all aspects of risk, safety, and crisis management, including, but not limited to policies, procedures, and service related to risks. Develops and implements policies, procedures, and best practices to keep safe and protect all guests, residents, clients, staff, visitors, volunteers, and vendors. Ensures that all policies and protocols meet all YMCA, partner, and program standards.
- Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff
and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
- Responsible for overall safety and security of YMCA-Operated shelter / housing facilities and establishes / maintains safety, security, and training policies and procedures related to risk and P&C in Housing and Shelter.
- Collaborates with YMCA leadership to develop, execute, and evaluate Emergency Action Plans (EAP) and monitoring standards; performs routine safety audits at the facility, evaluates performance and provides follow up training and documentation on needed improvements.
- Ensures health and safety measures (ex. Fire and tornado drills) are in place at shelter and
housing locations and that staff are sufficiently trained on how to implement them in their daily routines.
- Provides leadership and serves as a primary responder for any major incident, while providing follow up, debrief and claims assistance.
- Facilitate communications throughout investigation of all claims and major incidents.
- Utilize knowledge of mental health, substance abuse, and other barriers to assist and
understand the resident population.
- Develops and maintains functional relationships with community partners that have a
focus/impact on community safety and emergency preparedness.
- Conducts regularly scheduled walkthroughs in order to ensure the overarching safety of all
housing/shelter facilities. Provides recommendations on all facility safety measures to ensure
compliance with required standards.
- Responsible for security and camera operations, pulls video when necessary, and creates
action plans to ensure program standards and safety of clients and staff are met.
- Manages and reports on incident trends, training needs, and implementation of action plans.
- Responsible for compliance with various adopted standards and grant requirements, including CARF accreditation.
- Provides monthly feedback on incident activity patterns and trends. Develops and / or implements plans that reflect identified gaps in safety standards.
- Train/maintain American Red Cross (ARC) and Non Violent Crisis Intervention certifications.
May directly supervises employees in the housing/shelter operations. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the association's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; developing, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a
commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and
recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Build relationships to create
small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and
dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff
with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts
prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best
practices through engagement of the team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff
accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of
the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate
behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform
well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.