The YMCA DC is a cause-driven organization. Join us to develop your leadership skills and discover a career that is more than a job.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Washington, DC is currently seeking a service-oriented sales and retention leader in the industry with a proven track record of driving results to lead our YMCA Membership Department Strategy & Operations. The Sr. Director of Membership is leading the Member Service team to annually improve new member acquisition, member retention, membership revenue, and the membership net promoter score. The position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Member Services.
We are seeking a leader with values that align with the Y's mission:
- Bachelor's degree
- 7 -10 years of relevant experience required
- A minimum of 7 years experience in overseeing both sales acquisition and retention strategy operations.
- Budgeting/financial management experience required
- Leadership/Supervision/Staff development experience required
- Strategic thinking, planning, and relationship building required
- Fundraising experience
- Ability to drive to various locations in the DMV area
Some of the exciting things you will do as the Sr. Director of Membership are:
- Lead the implementation of tools and tactics supporting the Association's customer service strategy (i.e. branch inspections, manager-on-duty quick checks, customer service surveys, digital comment cards, etc.) to support improving the branch's Net Promoter Scores on member surveys.
- Assist the centralized development, training, implementation and tracking of Assocation-wide Standard Operating Procedures across each branch location to drive improved membership acquisition, retention, and engagement results.
- Serves as a resource to the YMCA branch Membership Directors, Membership Associate, Membership Service Coordinator, and the Member Service Team subcommittees to drive excellence in achieving approved Association initiatives.
- Support implementation of approved YUSA & 3rd party initiatives/relationships (i.e. Silver Sneakers, NFLPA, etc.)
- Support the branch's membership marketing needs (i.e. grassroots, collateral production, ordering, usage, tracking, branch member service events, cross-department collaboration, etc.)
- Demonstrate ability to create a member focus culture and model relationship building across the association.
- Leads the Association's Membership Service Team's monthly meetings, subcommittee initiatives, and other key Association-wide work.
- Provide mentorship and development to the membership team.
- Ability to drive to various locations in the DMV area.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
The YMCA of Metropolitan Washington operates facilities in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and northern Virginia. A leader in innovation, the Y has made an impact in advancing health and education initiatives and strengthening the communities we serve. If your next career move includes leaving a legacy, this is the role for you!
Advance your career and make a difference by joining the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington! The Y serves as an anchor in the community, offering programs and services encompassing youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.