Let the next step in your career be a footprint in the sands of sunny Tampa Bay Florida!
The Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA is a top-rated ‘4-star’ Charity Navigator and Guidestar ‘Gold’ rated non-profit charitable organization for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Join a cause-driven association with a focus on nurturing the potential of every child and teen, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support our neighbors. Learn more about the Tampa YMCA at www.tampaymca.org.
- 13 Family Center Ys, 65-acre outdoor adventure camp, Community Learning Center, two program centers, 27 afterschool sites, 18 Early Head Start sites
- Largest youth development and health & wellness provider in the region
- 223,000+ community members served
- 1,600+ staff members
- 600+ volunteers
- $40MM in revenue
- An independent 501(c) 3, locally-governed and managed
Located in sunny Florida, the Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA offers an ideal location with beautiful weather affording a desirable setting for an active outdoor lifestyle year-round, is close to many beaches and theme parks and Florida is one of very few states that has no state income tax.
Aquatics Director leads center aquatics staff in playing an integral role in attracting, engaging and retaining members. This position serves on the center management team, playing an integral role in membership acquisition, engagement, aquatic program quality, and retention. The position will provide supervision to the aquatics staff, giving superior program quality, ensuring all programs support membership, increasing program enrollments, and enhancing the member and participant experience. This position ensures that their teams operate efficiently and employ a continuous improvement model to meet and/or exceed goals for member/participant satisfaction, financial management and overall growth. Serves as Leader-on-Duty when immediate supervisor or center leadership is unavailable to provide solution-driven outcomes.
Critical areas of expertise include: leading others and working in teams, highly organized program management, delivering and managing programs focusing on quality, proven results in growth in programs, successfully overseeing part-time/full-time teams and interviewing, hiring and onboarding associates.
- Bachelor's degree in Sports Management, Recreation, Health Sciences, Physical Education or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of aquatic or similar with supervisor experience preferred.
- Experience as an aquatic faculty trainer (Youth Swim Lesson and/or Lifeguard instructor) preferred.
- Experience working in a Y (or similar) 1,500+ unit membership base organization supervising or serving in a leadership role preferred
- Supervision of budget exceeding $500,000 preferred (or equivalent budgeting and/or goal achievement)
- Proven results in increasing program quality and growth through exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to meet or exceed goals, cultivate and retain program participants.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and adapt to changing contexts and priorities.
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills with the ability to identify and leverage relevant data to use in planning and decision-making.
- Strategic planning and tactical execution experience that resulted in achievement of goals
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
Program Quality and Growth
- Aquatic Operations > Leads the aquatic operations to ensure membership engagement, acquisition, retention, and continuous improvement.
- Membership Enrollment > Drives program membership enrollment including meeting/exceeding established goals.
- Administrative > Manages daily business and administrative functions as it pertains to the aquatics program.
- Strategic Planning > Develop strategies for short- and long-term needs of the program and effectively leads and manages a stable team toward established goals and objectives. Cultivates program knowledge base for all associates, stressing the importance of program planning, service excellence and community service.
- Team Leadership > Provides direct supervision and leadership while hiring, developing, motivating and retaining a committed team passionate about the YMCA’s mission, safety and service to members.
- Leader-on-Duty Shifts > Serves as Leader-on-Duty when immediate supervisor or center leadership is unavailable to provide solution-driven outcomes.
- Membership Engagement and Retention > Evaluates member connection and commitment to YMCA programs and services, ensuring the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned to YMCA goals.
Safety and Risk Management
- Ensures all Tampa Y program standards and best practices are implemented and followed. Applies YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to best practices, emergency procedures, medical and disciplinary situations and child abuse prevention.
- Ensures all program associates are properly trained and prepared for emergency situations. This includes implementing and following training requirements in addition to ensuring proper reporting of all incidents/accidents according to risk management procedures.
- Maintains proper records, including associate certifications, meetings, and trainings.
- Schedules associates and volunteers in accordance to safety and program needs and ensures all safety and program ratios are followed.
- Monitors programming to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health & safety regulations.
Completes all job-related, supervisory and other trainings as required.
Performs all other duties as assigned.