This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Program Facilitators are heavily involved in the day-to-day program delivery in all of our program modes by leading programs, driving innovation, supporting a culture of safety, and providing at-the-scene oversight of experiences for campers, guests, and volunteers.
1. High School Degree/GED and Related Experience
2. Personal commitment to servant leadership and core YMCA values.
3. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
4. Attain required training within 90 days, CPR/O2/FA, New Staff Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention, Blood Borne Pathogens.
1. Lead and instruct classes, activities, and programs for school and retreat groups.
2. Lead program as a group host who creates schedules, leads communication with the group’s Volunteer Organizer, and facilitates goals and objectives of the group(s).
3. Create innovations and upgrades for program areas like the Mobile STEM Lab.
4. Facilitate the growth of volunteers to support the execution of the group experience.
5. Serve as ambassadors to all Camp Fitch programs through actively outreaching potential customers, staff, and volunteers.
6. Model the stewardship of camp facilities through proactive improvements.
7. Provides Leadership for Seasonal Staff.
Mission Advancement: Reinforces the Ys values within the organization and the community. Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the YMCAs efforts for all stakeholders. Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
Collaboration: Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community. Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the YMCA. Serves as a community leader who builds collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance YMCA mission and goals. Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals. Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
Operational Effectiveness: Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions. Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities. Ensures execution of plans. Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies and financial controls. Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement.
Personal Growth: Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches. Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change. Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Attain required training within 1-60 days, CPR/O2/FA, New Staff Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention, Blood Borne Pathogens, Anti-Harassment,