The Granite YMCA is seeking an experienced youth development and operations professional to join our dynamic, growing and purposeful YMCA.
The Operations Director will support the work of The Granite Y, a leading NH nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
The Operations Director maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals, promotes the potential of all, and provides a quality experience to our community. As a leader in the Y, this position utilizes the organization’s current strategic plan to oversee the branch Early Learning, School’s Out, and Community Outreach efforts. Building strong childcare programs that support community needs, developing community relationships, leadership of branch teams and strong administrative skills are key for this position.
- Oversee all branch operations to include Early Learning, School’s Out Programs, Summer Day Camp and Community Outreach initiatives
- Responsible for the branch administrative functions in collaboration with supervisor and Association leadership team
- Recruit and onboard new directors, assistant directors and coordinators
- Support the hiring and training needs of all branch staff
- Orient and continually train and develop people including professional development plans
- Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator regarding volunteer opportunities, requirements and best practices
- Partner with People Team to identify and support innovative recruiting, onboarding, engagement and retention strategies
- Support the development, management, and monitoring of branch budgets
- Approves all branch budgets while striving to meet or exceed annual budget targets
- Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities
This is a full-time salaried position with an extensive benefits package including:
- Generous paid vacation time (4 weeks paid time off & 6 Holidays to start that accrues with tenure)
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Free 2 Adult Family YMCA Membership
- 50% discount on Preschool Childcare, School Age Childcare, Summer Day Camp, and Resident Camp services
- Discounts on Programs for yourself & family members including swim lessons, sports, personal training, and many more
- 25% discounts on Birthday Parties, Pool, and Gym Rentals
- After qualifying, 8% employer contribution to retirement fund