Let the next step in your career be a footprint in the sands of sunny Tampa Bay Florida.
Under the direction of the Associate Executive Director, the Program Director has a primary impact in the overall success and effectiveness of the Tampa YMCA Youth Development Department’s Before & Afterschool goals and objectives. The individual in this position is responsible for overall operations management of multiple Before & After School programs within Hillsborough County.
Critical areas of expertise include: leading others and working in teams, highly organized multi-site management, delivering and managing robust programs focusing on quality, proven results in growth in programs, successfully overseeing part-time and entry-level teams and interviewing, hiring and onboarding associates.
The Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA is a top-rated ‘4-star’ Charity Navigator and Guidestar ‘Gold’ rated non-profit charitable organization for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Join a cause-driven association with a focus on nurturing the potential of every child and teen, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support our neighbors. Learn more about the Tampa YMCA at www.tampaymca.org.
- 13 Family Center Ys, 65-acre outdoor adventure camp, Community Learning Center, two program centers, 27 afterschool sites, 18 Early Head Start sites
- Largest youth development and health & wellness provider in the region
- 223,000+ community members served
- 1,600+ staff members
- 600+ volunteers
- $40MM in revenue
- An independent 501(c) 3, locally-governed and managed
The Tampa Metropolitan Area YMCA offers an ideal location with beautiful weather affording a desirable setting for an active outdoor lifestyle year-round, is close to many beaches and theme parks and Florida is one of very few states that has no state income tax.
- Develop and maintains Before & Afterschool program budget for multiple (10+) sites. Monitors monthly progress/variance.
- Responsible for program retention and growth.
- Develop and maintain regular communication and relationships with school principals and school representatives.
- Actively participate in school parent/teacher organizations as well as one additional community organization.
- Implement established Program Quality Standards and participate in the development of these standards.
- Conduct regular site visits and inspections. Participate in site Financial Audit as needed.
- Responsible for daily supervision of Site Supervisors and counselors in multiple (10+) School Age sites and Camp programs.
- Recruit, supervise, hire, and provide progressive discipline to the staff within the region.
- Act as a community representative to agencies such as Department of Children and Families, CDS, Early Learning Coalition, Children’s Services Council, School Board of Hillsborough County, the United Way and any other community partners.
- Develop objectives and job plans for Site Supervisors within the district.
- Ensure compliance with all State and local agencies including licensing.
- Develop and monitor staff training plan with HR Department, Senior Program Director, Associate Executive Director and/or the Executive Director.
- Attend all required departmental meetings including monthly Youth Development Operations Team meetings.
- Monitor and effectively controls the bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist with implementation of YMCA Orientation and Child Abuse training.
- Assist with curriculum development and implementation. Ensure all grant outcomes are met.
- Responsible for fundraising during Annual Y Campaign.
- Any additional responsibilities established by Supervisor.
- Ensure that all grant compliance measures are maintained, and execution of grant assessment processes.
- Ensure that grant outcome data is compliantly collected and reported by the deadline.
- This position will work at multiple school locations as assigned and must have reliable transportation.
- Assist in all areas, project teams, job tasks as assigned.
- Attend all conferences, trainings, meetings, and presentations as assigned.
- Must be willing and able to travel between sites and administrative offices on a regular basis.
Safety and Risk Management
- Ensures all Tampa Y program standards and best practices are implemented and followed. Applies YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to best practices, emergency procedures, medical and disciplinary situations and child abuse prevention.
- Ensures all program associates are properly trained and prepared for emergency situations. This includes implementing and following training requirements in addition to ensuring proper reporting of all incidents/accidents according to risk management procedures.
- Maintains proper records, including associate certifications, meetings, and trainings.
- Schedules associates and volunteers in accordance to safety and program needs and ensures all safety and program ratios are followed.
- Monitors programming to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health & safety regulations.
Additional medication training may be required, including the implementation of administering medicine such as epi-pens, inhalers, shots/injections for diabetes etc.