Let the next step in your career be a footprint in the sand of sunny Tampa Bay, Florida.
The Wellness Director leads center wellness staff members in all member connection and retention initiatives related to the wellness center and wellness programming. The Director I will manage the day-to-day operations of health and wellness programs and wellness floor operations. This position provides direct leadership for personal training, group training, group exercise, healthy living programs, youth conditioning programs, and wellness floor staff; directly supervising and developing these staff teams to provide the highest quality service and exceptional member experience for all in small to mid-sized centers. This position is responsible for managing the wellness-related financials, relationship building, supervision of staff, volunteer development, and being a YMCA advocate in the community. A strong focus is placed on driving a superior member experience, enhancing the membership connection/engagement and increasing member satisfaction and retention. This position employs a continuous improvement model to meet and/or exceed goals for satisfaction, budgeted revenue/expense goals.
Program Quality and Growth
- Focus on implementing strategic plan initiatives, best practices and the elevation of wellness programming.
- This includes: personal training, group training, group exercise, healthy living programs, youth conditioning programs, and direct leadership to wellness floor staff members.
- Develop and implement association survey and measurement strategies and action plans - Base Metrics and NPS.
Membership Engagement and Retention
- Increases member connection and commitment to YMCA programs and services ensuring the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned to YMCA goals including:
- Reviews data about member satisfaction and interests to ensure connection to programs, services, and other members.
- Collaborates regularly with center leadership, program operations, and other related teams to ensure the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned with member needs.
- Oversees new and returning member orientation to ensure effective onboarding to include wellness and program teams.
- Implements relationship development strategies to increase membership engagement and retention.
Safety and Risk Management
- Ensures all Tampa Y wellness standards and best practices are implemented and followed. Applies YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to best practices, emergency procedures, medical and disciplinary situations and child abuse prevention.
- Ensures all wellness staff are properly trained and prepared for emergency situations. This includes implementing and following training requirements in addition to ensuring proper reporting of all incidents/accidents according to risk management procedures.
Wellness Center Operations
- Provides leadership to wellness center operations and administration to ensure a best in class membership experience.
- Supervises/coaches a team of wellness coaches that assist members in meeting their wellness goals.
- Ensures adherence to all YMCA policies and procedures regarding the safety, health and welfare of members, program participants, guests and staff.
Active Older Adults Growth
- Works closely with Membership Experience Directors and Coordinators at the assigned centers to drive senior membership revenue and Silver Sneakers revenue through gate swipes.
- Coordinates the schedule for Silver Sneakers classes and activities, manages staff schedule for related programs, and maintains the inventory of related program equipment.
- Provides a visible presence in the centers and actively interacts with senior members to ensure their needs are met.
- Actively stewards relationships between seniors within the centers by introducing them to other members, and using member profiles and interactions to tailor suggestions for new activities
- Direct responsibility to hire, develop, motivate and retain a team of wellness staff members committed to the YMCA’s mission and Promise.
- Advocates for association-wide practices and is a source for innovative ways to grow the membership experience, base, and practices through wellness.
- Provides collaborative leadership and guidance to peers through association-wide wellness meetings, direct one-on-one best practice sharing with peers both in and outside the center.
- Develops and monitors staff member development plans and training opportunities that promote career growth within the Y.
- Completes all job related, supervisory and other trainings as required.
- Is a collaborative partner to the family center leadership staff serving as a Leader on Duty weekly and rotating weekends.