Member Services Director
Rocky Mount Family YMCA Inc.
YMCA of Central New York
Director of Customer and Member Experience
YMCA of Greater Brandywine
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Assists in all aspects of membership and wellness for the branch including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members, wellness classes, beast mode, supervision of assigned staff. Develops, plans and implements new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals.
● Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Previous supervisory experience in customer service.
● YMCA or other non-profit experience.
● Excellent personal computer skills
● Experience with membership software Core Operations.
● Highly attentive to detail
● Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
● Assists in creating a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
● Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
● This position is responsible for daily operations of the assigned program departments, increasing participation and enrollment while retaining current participants through quality programming and excellent member experience.
● Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollment
● responsible for the coordination and oversight of all wellness and group exercise areas and schedules
● Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the Controller and CFO as necessary on financial transactions.
● Audits membership files for accuracy.
● responsible for the development, implementation and administration of all Membership and Wellness programs and initiatives that will enhance and elevate the member experience
● Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
● Helps the branch meet or exceed its goal for the Annual Campaign
● Ensures staff meets or exceeds goals
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone.
● The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
● The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Advancing Our Mission & Cause: Engaging Community, Volunteerism, Philanthropy, Change Leadership
Building Relationships: Collaboration, Communication & Influence, Inclusion
Leading Operations: Critical Thinking & Decision Making, Fiscal Management, Functional Expertise, Innovation, Program/Project Management
Developing & Inspiring People: Developing Self & Others, Emotional Maturity