Programme Coordinator, Girls Softball
YMCA of Greater St. Petersburg
YMCA of Central New York
Group and Family Retreat Assistant Director -with housing
Frost Valley YMCA
Intended Start Date: July 17, 2023
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, social responsibility, and our focus on equity, diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and global engagement. The Senior Director of Program Development at the Bloomington-Normal YMCA serves as the lead program innovator and implementer of all programming. The Senior Director of Program Development serves on the associations Operations Leadership Team. This position will lead, supervise, support, and encourage three full-time exempt directors in the areas of Aquatics, Youth Development, and Sports. The Senior Director of Program Development’s essential job functions are multi-functional - programmatic, operational, and supervisory, and are focused on best-in-class program quality and experience for all participants.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Ability to effectively work/interact with diverse populations.
2. Computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, etc., and database management.
3. Time management efficiency.
4. Ability to successfully obtain certification in CPR/AED and First Aid.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Seven years of related field experience.
2. Fun, creative and imaginative mind is desired to continue the program growth trajectory.
3. Communication proficiency in Spanish, both verbal and written
4. Master’s Degree
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Recreation, Sport Management, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health Promotion, or equivalent.
2. A minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field with comparable program growth.
3. Two years of demonstrated experience training and development of volunteers and staff.
1. Ensure high quality programs through innovative program development, evaluation, and ongoing training of staff.
2. Facilitate the organization, management, and operation of high quality programs in the areas of sports, aquatics, child care/camp, and establish new program activities.
3. Champion a culture of best-in-class program quality and experience in all assigned areas, including on- and off-site programs, community partnerships and family events.
4. Assures compliance with federal, state and local regulations as they relate to all program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Ensure that programming aligns with all state, local, and YMCA quality standards. Ensure DCFS and CCRN compliance for all youth programming.
5. Develops safety plans for all programming sites and ensure all safety standards are followed by site team members.
6. Expand programming within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans and community needs and development.
7. Develop and lead strategies to ensure members and/or program participants connect with and maintain their connection with each other and the YMCA.
8. Partner with the Marketing department to ensure effective promotion and visibility of all program areas.
9. Monitors and evaluates the success and effectiveness of all programming through measured statistical data.
10. Provide support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/boards as assigned.
11. Manages and monitors the annual budget and financials for program areas. Ensures program’s operation within budget and sport program fees are collected through demonstrated sound fiscal management skills. Praise staff for good fiscal management and hold to account for fiscal challenges.
12. Ensure a culture of inclusion that builds and celebrates diversity within the Y and our community.
13. Meet and exceed monthly and annual goals including registration levels, year-over-year retention, penetration rates and participant progression.
14. Train, develop, engage, and retain team members.
15. Review and evaluate staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals, foster staff engagement and development.
16. Utilize YMCA tools and standards in completing and administering performance evaluations and individual development plans.
17. Plan and organize staff meetings to ensure consistent communications, directions and accountability.
18. Manage bi-weekly payroll hours for accuracy and approval. Ensure team members are following timekeeping guidelines.
19. Develop and lead strategies to ensure team members connect with each other and other YMCA team members to foster a sense of community and servant leadership.
20. Intentionally and continuously strives to promote a culture that values and strengthens diversity and inclusion.
21. Demonstrates and upholds the YMCA’s core values and guiding principles of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility at all times.
22. All other duties as assigned.