Executive Director of Aquatics
YMCA of Northern Colorado
YMCA of Lima Ohio
Competitive Swim Director
1. Ensures programs and services meet community needs, including supervising existing program activities, establishing new program activities, and expanding the program within the community as needed. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
2. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations and conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
3. Recruits and hires diverse staff and volunteer teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Onboards and develops them for success. Conducts trainings in lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid, CPR/AED, CPR-PRO or Basic Life Support and Emergency Oxygen Administration. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
4. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
5. Manages the program, including developing and monitoring the program budget to meet fiscal objectives; compiling program statistic to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of and participation in program; securing and scheduling the pool facilities; and creating and scheduling the classes, practices and meets.
6. Lifeguards and instructs Swim Lessons as needed.
7. Assists in YMCA Fundraisers, Activities and Special Events.
8. Assume other duties, responsibilities and projects identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by supervisor.
· Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
· YMCA Team Leader certification preferred.
· One to two years related experience preferred (e.g., as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor).
· Completion of YMCA aquatics training or equivalent, Certification and instructor level for CPR-PRO or Basic Life Support, Basic First Aid, Emergency Oxygen Administration, CPR/AED, YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent, YMCA Lifeguard Instructor or equivalent, and YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor.
· Additional trainings as required by the position.
· Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
· Engaging Community
· Communication & Influence
· Critical thinking & Decision Making
· Program/Project Management
· Developing Self & Others
Certification and instructor level for CPR-PRO or Basic Life Support, Basic First Aid, Emergency Oxygen Administration, CPR/AED, YMCA Lifeguard or equivalent, YMCA Lifeguard Instructor or equivalent, and YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor. Can obtain while working.