The YMCA of the Triangle is an equal opportunity employer committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion. Join our team!
The Branch Executive Director of the Chatham YMCA stewards the Y’s mission and cause, promoting and protecting the brand and reputation as a global, inclusive organization within the community. The Branch Executive Director oversees the operation of the Chatham YMCA and participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, and collaboration with community stakeholders. They are responsible for managing the functions of the program in accordance with the stated mission, goals, and policies established by the administrative staff, governing committees, and Board of Directors of the YMCA.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, human services or related area required; graduate degree preferred.
- Eight or more years of management experience, preferably in the YMCA and/or not-for-profit sector, including strategic planning, board and volunteer development, philanthropic development, and multi-site operations.
- Abilitytodirecttotaloperationsthroughvolunteerdevelopment, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations and program development.
- Demonstrated experience in management and development of volunteers; ability to recruit top community leaders.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Ability to develop new programs, review and enhance programs being offered or considered for both fiscal viability and effectiveness.
- Multi-lingual desired but not required.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations. Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local and surrounding communities and develops working relationships with other businesses, organizations, and governmental entities.
- Leads a highly engaged Branch Advisory Board and committees/task forces. Recruits, selects, and develops diverse volunteers for the board. Directs the volunteer activities (policy and program) of the branch.
- Recruits and hires diverse staff teams across multiple dimensions of diversity. Responsible for onboarding and developing them for success. Supervises and appraises branch leadership staff and provides opportunities for development, establishes performance standards, and conducts thoughtful performance coaching plans.
- Maintains regular, clear, and concise communication within area of responsibility.
- Directs all financial development activities of the branch. Leads the Chatham YMCA’s Annual We Build People Campaign. Takes a major role in the Capital development for the Chatham YMCA.
- Accountable for assigned aspects of the annual and capital campaigns. Responsible for high-profile volunteer discovery, cultivation, recruitment and support throughout the year. Will actively manage multiple Chairman’s Round Table donors and Major Gift volunteers (goal set in coordination with RVP.)
- Develops and maintains high-functioning relationships with the Branch Leadership Teams. Schedules standing meetings with staff to ensure strong collaborations and seeks input to provide consistent, high level programming to existing and emerging youth/outreach and adult programs.
- Develops, manages and monitors the branch operating budget and meets budget targets
- Exercises necessary controls to ensure operations are carried out and a balanced fiscal operation exists.
- Developsanddirectshigh qualitymemberengagementstrategiesandprogramswhichsupportbranch andassociation mission, goals andstrategies.
- Establishes plans for the expansion of programs and services,in harmony with overallYMCA objectives and the leadership team. Ensures that all quality standards and program enrollment targets are met.
- Directsbranchstrategicplanningeffortsanddevelopstheannualoperatingplan ofthebranch.
- Fostersaclimateofinnovationtodevelopmember-focusedprogramswhichsupporttheYmission, goals, and strategies.
- Ensures the safety and maintenance of high-quality facilities, grounds and equipment.
- Ensures brand compliance within Association standards through marketing and communication efforts.
- Serves as a member of the YMCA leadership team and supports the overall objectives of the Association.
- Sits on assigned IQ Teams and committees deemed appropriate.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Advancing our Mission & Cause:Provide visionary leadership to the organization and to ensure that all resources are mobilized to adapt to new challenges and needs in the community
Building Relationships:Connect people to the Y’s cause by developing inclusive relationships, partnerships and collaborations so that Y’s can co-create solutions to pressing social needs
Leading Operations:Ensure relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability of the organization so that we can continue to fulfill our promise to the community
Developing & Inspiring People:Support the holistic development of self and others so that everyone can embrace the Y’s cause, sustain the Y’s culture, and inspire others to take individual and collective action to further our impact