We're looking for a transformative leader to drive the center to be a charity, partner, and employer of choice for years to come. If you're passionate about making valuable and positive change in an organization and community, apply today!
As the Executive Director, you are the key leader in driving a transformative Y experience at your center and community. You build loyal members, energize employees and volunteers, inspire donors, and stimulate growth and innovation.
You will also support the enterprise’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) and the core character values of the YMCA. Reporting directly to the Sr. Executive Director, you will partner closely with other senior leaders throughout the enterprise to achieve outcomes.
Location: Southwest Family YMCA - 6219 Oakclaire Dr, Austin, TX 78735
Salary: $95,000- $106,000 per year. Final compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Full benefits package including Dental, Vision & Health Insurance
- Up to 48 days of PTO over vacation, holidays, personal, and sick leave
- Free Nationwide Gym Membership for your Household
- 12% Employer-Funded Retirement Plan upon meeting eligibility
- Learning and development workshops
- Career advancement opportunities
- Cell Phone Plan discounts for AT&T and T-Mobile/Sprint users
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Staff Discounts on Programs & Services and more!
- Ultimately accountable for team achieving at high levels to ensure a transformative Y Experience and achieve organizational objectives.
- Ensures high-quality programs and excellent customer service.
- Models inclusive management behaviors and embraces all dimensions of diversity – building strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to our mission
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, and managing all direct reports and ensuring alignment with association people practices for all positions within their organizational structure.
- Leads Cycle Check-ins and the Annual Check-In with the center team to ensure progress with OKRs, provide ongoing coaching and feedback, and discuss development opportunities.
- Responsible for successful center Strategic Plan metrics, Net-Promoter Scores, and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). Ensures centers are achieving targets and producing meaningful qualitative results.
- Implements a goal-based management approach (OKR methodology) and ensures the center is actively working towards supporting organizational-level objectives and key results.
- Designs and implements strategy to drive membership and program enrollment and growth while ensuring a high-quality and transformative Y Experience as demonstrated by net-promoter scores and other experience metrics.
- Ensures implementation of high-quality member engagement strategies and programs to support center and association goals and strategies.
- Oversees plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives and key results.
- Stays current and provides a quarterly update to the Sr. Executive Director, discussing other providers in the service areas along with their offerings, value proposition, and key attributes, developing an action plan on how the Y remains relevant in its programs and services.
- Builds bridges within the community so that all segments of society have access to the Y.
- Effectively communicates community benefit and the Y’s impact on all stakeholders (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, and community leaders) and develops positive working and collaborative relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
- Enhances the Y’s reputation in the community by engaging with partners, businesses, school districts, and other non-profit organizations that are invested in strengthening the community.
- Ensures center execution on all aspects of association marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Oversees the budgeting process so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives.
- Identifies growth opportunities, conducts forecasting monthly, and corrects financial deficiencies on a timely basis.
- Leads the development of, and monthly variance reports reviews, with the Sr. Executive Director, implementing action plans to stay on plan with the annual budget.
- Collaborate with the Association’s Facility Director, Maintenance Technicians, and Center Quality staff to ensure the facilities and equipment are well-maintained, safe, and clean, following association guidelines and practices.
- Holds Facility Quality Specialist (FQS) team accountable for achieving at high levels to ensure the existence of an environment that allows for a transformative Y Experience
- Implement systems to ensure high-quality cleanliness is a priority for all departments and best practices are utilized to achieve the intended environment.
- Conducts a monthly walkthrough of the center with the Center’s Sr. Executive Director and quarterly walkthrough with the Sr. Executive Director, VP, Operations, Chief Operations Officer, and Association Facilities Director.
- Enhances the Y’s reputation in the community by engaging with partners, businesses, school districts, and other non-profit organizations that are invested in strengthening the community (e.g., serving on the local chamber, building relationships with local, city, and county officials, and representatives)
- Drives the cultivation and implementation of community partnerships for assigned centers and the association.
- Partners with youth development leaders (Extend-A-Care) to build strong partnerships with school districts and other educational entities.
- Recruits develops, and maintains a highly effective Advisory Board, following the by-laws of the YMCA of Austin.
- Supports board chairs in facilitating an engaging and productive board meeting experience. Regularly attends board meetings for assigned centers according to the annual plan.
- Drives successful fund-raising and financial development, working with the Sr. Executive Director and Advancement Team, to meet cycle and annual objectives.
- Meets every cycle with Sr. Executive Director and the Advancement Team to ensure the center progress toward the fundraising goal.
- Leads strong board/volunteer and staff participation.
- Leads and models design thinking and social entrepreneurship practices to develop innovative solutions to community needs, community and association-wide opportunities, and challenges.
- Works to master, demonstrate and coach others in design thinking and social entrepreneurship to establish a strong culture of social innovation.
- Serves on project teams for assigned innovation projects designed to incubate new products and services, and/or improve systems and processes.
- Serves on Association-level impact teams, task forces, and/or committees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Greater Austin YMCA is a dynamic, equitable force in the community that helps people of all backgrounds improve their total wellbeing and quality of life. Founded in 1953 and anchored in three Central Texas counties, the Y is a $40 million community enterprise that serves nearly 100,000 people annually through eight centers. We also provide afterschool education and care at more than 70 licensed campuses in four school districts. Unlike any other organization in the region, the Austin Y has the unique ability to welcome, educate and elevate all, and is committed to creating innovative programs, places…and people.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The Greater Austin YMCA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Greater Austin YMCA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.