Beacon Director (Rockaway YMCA)
Rockway YMCA at Arverwe by the Sea
Youth Development Director
Central Florida Metro YMCA
Youth Program Director
YMCA of Centre County
Under the guidance of the Director of Program Services, the Youth Experience Director will be responsible for but not limited to: managing program operation and growth; budget preparation and implementation; member and staff satisfaction, retention, and safety; staff supervision, onboarding, training, and coaching. This person will collaborate with the Wellness department and partner on providing youth sports programs and special events. This person will further ensure that all YMCA standards are being met and/or exceeded as they relate to youth and sports development. This position is funded in part by an external grant for 3 years, and will be reviewed for viability in the absence of grant funds.
· Bachelor's Degree in sport leadership and management, sports studies, physical education, business management, or related field, or a minimum 3-5 years equivalent combination of education and experience required.
· Excellent computer skills and experience with standard business software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.); Daxko membership software program experience desired, but not required.
· Must have strong attention to detail, organization, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to conduct presentations. Self-driven and ability to work independently, meet strict deadlines, all required skills.
· Successful completion of background check; First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications obtained within first 30 days of employment and then maintained throughout employment.
· Program Administration: Responsible for youth program administration primarily for grades preK-12 including new programs and activities and expansion of current offerings, around youth and youth sports. Prepare and carry out a budget in coordination with the Director of Program Services. Analyzes problems and makes decisions guided by precedent and established policy, with understanding and confidence to make solid, thoughtful, independent decisions. Conducting after school youth activities and sports programming which will include schedule flexibility to work several evenings and weekends per program demands. Grant reporting to the Lily Grant in coordination with fund development staff.
· Program & Mission Development: General program management such as ensuring proper maintenance on equipment, program area scheduling, assist with marketing efforts (not design), Program committee team member, and serve as a campaigner for the fundraising campaigns to support the mission of the Y.
· Staff Management: Supervising daily operations related to the youth and sports program area. Hire, train, schedule, daily supervision, and management of department staff.
· Facility Operations Support: Responsible for shared Manager-on-Duty role which will include schedule flexibility with 1 evening per week, and weekend shifts as needed.
· Staff Development: Responsible for educating team members on procedures and follow-up to ensure the YMCA members are treated with courtesy, caring, respect and honesty. Train and receive Instructor Training to teach Y staff in CPR, First Aid, and AED.
· Other Duties: Assigned as necessary by the Director of Program Services.