Associate Branch Executive
YMCA of Delaware
Vice President, Operations
YMCA of Greater Boston
The YMCA of Greater Houston is actively seeking a Chief Operating Officer to join our team. For over 135 years, the YMCA of Greater Houston has focused on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in and across communities. Our Y is more than buildings and programs. Our purpose is to strengthen the foundations of community. We’re committed to transformational change.
Our recently approved 10-year vision and goals will focus our efforts on the following:
The first of three strategic plans in service to this 10-year vision launched this year and will focus on strengthening our foundations. The Chief Operations Officer will be a vital part of this effort and expected impact on key deliverables will be as follows:
When you work at our YMCA, you work for an organization that is dedicated to making a positive change in our community. This position will have an $80MM budget responsibility, support 23 full facilities, 39 outreach sites, Teen programming and over 200 childcare sites.
The Chief Operating Officer serves as a member of the President/CEO’s senior leadership team,providing strategic leadership in the operation of the centers of the YMCA, including membership, program development, volunteer recruitment, staff supervision, community relations, collaborations, budgeting and financial results. Develop and execute association-wide program strategy to align with our strategic initiatives. Also provides leadership to association areas: centralized out-of-school units, outreach, aquatics, youth sports, teens, and healthy living.
1. Leads with inclusion and ensures all staff members and participants feel welcome and are treated with dignity and respect. Models compassionate leadership behaviors to build a strong staff culture. Builds a staff and volunteer team that reflects the diversity of the community.
2. Provides strategic leadership and direction for center operations, and board development.
3. Develops and leads association-wide program strategy.
4. Monitors monthly financial reports to assure revenue targets are met and expenses are controlled. Develops and implements corrective action plans where needed.
5. Ensures the operational growth of the YMCA through program expansion, member experience and retention, and repositioning of existing sites.
6. Identifies potential areas for cooperative programming to accomplish YMCA goals, and works with staff groups to develop and implement programs. Guides staff in the planning, development and implementation of new program initiatives and activities.
7. Identifies, develops, and coaches future leadership staff.
8. Provides reports to committees, the Board of Directors, and the President/CEO as appropriate.
9. Provides staff leadership to assigned Committees of the Board of Directors.
10.Implements and oversees a program evaluation system to guarantee faithfulness to YMCA purpose, high quality, and maintenance of YMCA standards.
YMCA Culture & Cause Expectations
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. As a cause driven leader you are expected to be:
Welcoming-Accept neighbors eagerly, warmly, hospitably, and as equal participants.
Nurturing-To care for, support, and help develop through encouragement.
Hopeful-Take an optimistic or positive view of future outcomes.
Determined-To devote full strength and concentrated attention to the cause.
Genuine–To be honest and open in relationships with others.