We're looking for a transformative leader to drive the center to be a charity, partner, and employer of choice for years to come. If you're passionate about making valuable and positive change in an organization and community, apply today!
As an Associate Executive Director, you're responsible for critical center operations and workstreams and creating a transformative Y Experience that builds loyal members, energizes employees and volunteers, inspire donors, and stimulates growth and innovation. Innovation will be a key area of growth for all Associate Executive Directors through mastering, demonstrating, and coaching others in design thinking and social entrepreneurship.
You will also support the enterprise’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) and the core character values of the YMCA. Reporting directly to the Senior Executive Director, you will partner closely with other senior leaders throughout the enterprise to achieve outcomes.
Location: Hays Communities YMCA Center - 465 Buda Sportsplex Dr, Buda, TX 78610 or Townlake YMCA Center - 1100 W Cesar Chavez St. Austin, Texas 78703
Salary: $85,000- $93,500 per year. Final compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Full benefits package including Dental, Vision & Health Insurance
- Up to 48 days of PTO over vacation, holidays, personal, and sick leave
- Free Nationwide Gym Membership for your Household
- 12% Employer-Funded Retirement Plan upon meeting eligibility
- Learning and development workshops
- Career advancement opportunities
- Cell Phone Plan discounts for AT&T and T-Mobile/Sprint users
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Staff Discounts on Programs & Services and more!
- Hold team accountable for achieving at high levels to ensure a transformative Y Experience and achieve organizational objectives
- Implement systems to ensure high-quality programs and excellent customer service
- Model inclusive management behaviors and embraces all dimensions of diversity – building strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to our mission
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, and managing all direct reports and ensuring alignment with association people practices for all positions within their organizational structure
- Conduct Cycle Check-ins and the Annual Check-In with direct reports to ensure progress with OKRs, provide ongoing coaching and feedback, and discuss development opportunities
- Responsible for successful center Strategic Plan metrics, Net-Promoter Scores, and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs). Ensures centers are achieving targets and producing meaningful qualitative results
- Implement a goal-based management approach (OKR methodology) and ensures the center is actively working towards supporting organizational-level objectives and key results.
- Collaborate with the Association’s Facility Director, Maintenance Technicians, and Center Quality staff to ensure the facilities and equipment are well-maintained, safe, and clean, following association guidelines and practices.
- Conducts a monthly walkthrough of the center with the Center’s Sr. Executive Director and quarterly walkthrough with the Sr. Executive Director, VP, Operations, Chief Operations Officer, and Association Facilities Director.
- Manage the budgeting process so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives.
- Identify growth opportunities, conducts forecasting monthly, and correct financial deficiencies on a timely basis.
- Develop and review monthly variance reports with the Center’s Sr. Executive Director, implementing action plans to stay on plan with the annual budget
- Build bridges within the community so that all segments of society have access to the Y
- Effectively communicates community benefit and the Y’s impact on all stakeholders (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, and community leaders) and develops positive working and collaborative relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities
- Enhance the Y’s reputation in the community by engaging with partners, businesses, school districts, and other non-profit organizations that are invested in strengthening community
- Ensure center execution on all aspects of association marketing strategies and campaigns
- Ensure implementation of internal marketing efforts (i.e. activating staff for referral programs) and consistent social media engagement through center channels
- Lead and model design thinking and social entrepreneurship practices to develop innovative solutions to community needs, community and association-wide opportunities, and challenges.
- Work to master, demonstrate, and coach others in design thinking and social entrepreneurship to establish a strong culture of social innovation
- Serve as project teams for assigned innovation projects designed to incubate new products, services, and/or improve systems and processes
- Serve on Association-level impact teams, task forces, and/or committees as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
The Greater Austin YMCA is a dynamic, equitable force in the community that helps people of all backgrounds improve their total well-being and quality of life. Founded in 1953 and anchored in three Central Texas counties, the Y is a $40 million community enterprise that serves nearly 100,000 people annually through eight centers. We also provide afterschool education and care at more than 70 licensed campuses in four school districts. Unlike any other organization in the region, the Austin Y has the unique ability to welcome, educate and elevate all, and is committed to creating innovative programs, places…and people.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
The Greater Austin YMCA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Greater Austin YMCA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.