Be a part of a Y with Thriving Healthy Living Programs and in the Top 5 for EGym Usage!
The Healthy Living Director is responsible for management, development and strategic planning of Group Fitness, Wellness, and Personal Training staff teams, programs and services in coordination with the strategic plan for the branch and association. The Healthy Living Director is responsible for creating and adhering to the department annual budget which supports the execution of programs and services to support the mission of the YMCA of Greater Des Moines.
- Ability to read, write, perform simple mathematical functions and basic computer skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- One to three years supervisory experience and/or team leadership.
- A minimum of one year related program development and/or program management experience.
- One to three years customer service experience.
- Demonstrated computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Additional training to be completed within the first 30 days and maintained afterwards.
- Create a work environment that exemplifies the Y’s culture and how we show up and supports ownership and accountability for staff members.
- Serve as a key role model and connection point for relationship building, general
information, and customer service.
- Promote member engagement by encouraging involvement in related Y programs and small communities.
- Provide leadership, management and direction to staff.
- Manage, supervise and evaluate assigned staff to ensure satisfactory job performance.
- Conduct regular trainings and staff meetings to support open communication and
ongoing staff development and ensure access to development opportunities.
- Manage assigned program areas and activities, ensuring programs comply with all applicable operation standards; evaluate and review programs to ensure quality and safety.
- Conduct marketing and promotion for assigned programs, coordinating with
association office staff to ensure all marketing meets association and brand
- Manage planned budget and information for assigned area to ensure revenue and
expenses are consistent with approved budget plan.
- Attend department, branch and association staff meetings as required.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Demonstrate and support the objectives of the organization as embodied in the
mission statement and values.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Engaging Community
- Program Management
- Communication & Insluence
- Emotional Maturity