The YMCA is a cause driven organization. Join us to develop your leadership potential and discover a career that is more than a job.
The YMCA Youth & Family Services is looking for a self-motivated and dynamic professional to join the Y family. The work involves managing day-to-day operations of administrative and business services for the Youth & Family Services and Ayrlawn Program Center branches. You will have bragging rights of being a part of a longstanding, reputable, and leading nonprofit organization that has a strong commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance plus 2 – 3 years’ experience, or 5 or more years of applicable experience, is acceptable.
- Nonprofit accounting or grant accounting experience preferred
- Must be familiar with MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Advanced Excel experience preferred
- Oversees accounts receivable process to ensure that all accounts are up to date, revenue is forecasted and recorded, taking immediate corrective action as needed
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of accounts payable, employee expense and mileage reports, check requests, making certain that bills are paid, refunds are processed, and journal vouchers are completed within established ASO guidelines
- Manages all functions related to Electronic Funds Transfer
- Manages and oversees the accurate processing of all money from receipting to reconciling and depositing, in accordance with ASO policies and procedures
- Oversees branch expenses ensuring that managers are purchasing from approved vendors, expenses are approved by Executive Director, and they are budgeted
- Performs all month end closing activities and prepares reports as per Association procedures
- Produces general ledger and accounts receivable reports as necessary
- Processes all revenue, petty cash, and funds in accordance with ASO policies and procedures
- Responsible for management and implementation of collection procedures and reviews accounts receivable on an on-going basis (at least weekly) to ensure all accounts are up to date
- Maintains accurate records of donations received and distributions of donations for the fundraising annual campaign
- Develops Business Office, Grant and Contract record keeping procedures, and manages appropriate departmental records in accordance with applicable regulations, policies, and standards
- Informs front line staff on proper member management procedures and makes sure that all of the aforementioned are aware of current procedures and updates as they occur on an ongoing basis, ensuring the accurate processing of all payment transactions