FULL-TIME ARTS DIRECTOR OPPORTUNITY IN PUYALLUP, WA!
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Arts Program Director oversees the development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of arts programs. Recruits, develops, and supports assigned staff and volunteers. Provides a quality experience to students and parents focused on YMCA core values: Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Caring.
- Commitment to valuing and promoting diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- BA degree in related field or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Minimum of three years or more of related experience (preferred).
- Theatrical production experience and/or experience curating visual arts exhibitions preferred.
- Knowledge and skills in program activities and related equipment set-up
- Positive attitude and previous experience with diverse populations
- The ability to instruct participants in age-appropriate techniques
- Food Handlers Permit may be required for specific programs or grant work.
- Able and willing to complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day, and other online and in-person training as required.
Plan, deliver, and support new, emerging, and existing arts programming to accomplish branch goals and objectives. To include:
· Ensure high-quality participant-focused programs through innovative program development, and evaluations.
· Provide leadership and support for performing arts productions, visual arts exhibitions, and events.
· Provide leadership, delivery and curriculum development for arts specialty summer camps.
· Lead program integration and cross-branch collaboration to deepen and expand arts programming through a whole person/holistic approach.
· Champion diversity and inclusion in all aspects of department, branch, and community work.
· Support arts related contributions to branch, association and community events.
· Provide data and reports as required for assigned programs.
· Ensure compliance with various school district, university, state, and local regulations to meet program standards and ensure safety procedures are followed.
· Executes strategies to ensure that program participants connect with one another and with the YMCA.
Produce annual dance recitals and two Dance Company touring seasons per year to include:
· Stage management, artistic direction, costuming, props/sets, front-of-house management, choreography, rehearsals, lighting design, volunteers, auditions, registration, and budget.
Marketing and Public Relations:
· Develop a strategic marketing plan to promote arts programs and increase awareness of arts opportunities.
· Dance Recital marketing strategy and campaigns.
· Oversee, implement, and monitor arts outreach and branch marketing plans.
· Develop ongoing relationships with branch staff, members and the community to promote and enhance arts-related programming, activities, and events.
· Hire, train, and supervise staff and volunteers in assigned areas.
· Facilitate communication and provide leadership.
· Review and evaluate staff performance.
· Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
· Review, approve, and submit staff time cards to payroll department per schedule.
· Track volunteer hours and record appropriately.
· Schedule shifts and process time off requests for staff.
· Provide all departmental staff with professional development.
· Ensure that all mandatory training is scheduled and funded.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Financial Development and Philanthropy:
· Meet performance measurement by telling the Y story and raising charitable dollars to fulfill our mission.
· Assist staff leadership team in reaching campaign goals through recruiting campaigners, making personal asks and supporting branch events.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent knowledge and experience.