The Midland YMCA seeks an experienced and energetic individual to provide strategic direction and leadership to our Active Older Adults.
Candidate must be able to build relationships to create small communities and ensure a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives.
Bachelor's degree is preferred in wellness, recreation or equivalent, as well as experience in managing facilities, equipment, budget and staff. The candidate should have a thorough knowledge of health fitness programs.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Active Older Adult programs
- Motivate and empower a diverse client base to make healthy lifestyle choices
- Lead Active Older Adult programming efforts for the Association, including the development and maintenance of engagement and recruitment strategies geared towards older adults
- Collaborate with marketing and communications to story tell impact and outcomes of strategies
- Executes member engagement and sales strategies that promote recruitment of new AOA members and retention of existing members
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community partners.
- Direct and supervise program activities to meet the needs of the community while fulfilling the YMCA mission and objectives.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration: Builds relationships to create small communities. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology. Experience and proficiency using Excel, Word, and Publisher. Experience with Daxko Operations or similar system preferable.