The YMCA of Greater Des Moines is seeking an innovative Facility Operations Professional and cause-driven leader to join our staff team!
Directs the maintenance and improves operations of facilities, vehicles, and landscaping by monitoring and managing all YMCA mechanical systems, equipment and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in facility management or related field or equivalent;
- Five or more years of experience in facility management or closely related field.
- Significant working knowledge of electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas in a commercial environment.
- Complete within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention Training; BLS CPR; First Aid; State Pool Operator’s Certificate
- Completion of YMCA risk management and other maintenance-specific certifications, as needed.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community and successful clearance of background check.
- Personal computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office products, required.
- Ability and current license to drive with a record that meets YMCA standards.
- Experience with facility management software is a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a non-office position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, use hand and power tools, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- Frequent exposure to dust or fumes is possible and use of cleaning equipment and chemicals is required.
- The work is performed both indoors and out.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Oversees and manages association work order systems.
- Ensures best practices for facility management are being met.
- Manages the work of, and service agreements with, mechanical service providers, roofing contractors, elevator service contractors and security monitoring contractors.
- Provides monthly facility walk through. Completes risk management audits.
- Assists branch execs with creation of annual budget; including reserve spending prioritization. Provides financial reports related to facility maintenance to branch Executives and corporate leadership staff.
- Audits branch records and work spaces to ensure professional, accurate, clean and neat work spaces and data is being recorded in a unified and accessible manner.
- Works with outside agencies to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to mechanical systems.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs assigned staff. Reviews and evaluates performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Models relationship building skills in all interactions.
- Advise corporate staff on maintenance issues and projects.
- Ensure that assigned vehicles (and other equipment) are maintained and operated in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YMCA.
- Update facility plans periodically. May develop annual plan of capital projects, consistent with the YMCA’s strategic plan and community needs.
- Actively participates in association staff meetings and/or related trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
Valid Drivers License
State of Iowa Pool Operator's Certificate within the first 30 days of hire.