Vice President of Human Resources
Central Florida Metro YMCA
Human Resources Administrator
YMCA of Westfield
Chief Human Resource Officer
YMCA of the Triangle Area
Provide professional human resources work in recruitment and staffing. In addition, every position in the YMCA of East Tennessee is responsible for upholding the Judeo-Christian principles that are central to our mission by modeling behaviors that exemplify the Y’s core values - caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in Business, Human Resources or equivalent, Bachelors preferred. One or more year’s professional experience in recruiting required. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community. Professional Human Resource (PHR) certification preferred. Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required. Experience in Paylocity HRIS preferred.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
While performing the duties, employee is regularly exposed to noise levels in the moderate range; must be able to perform within this environment.
Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide, percentages, and figure out word problems. Ability to compute payroll issues to include overtime calculations. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of members or employees of the organization.
1. Develop and implement local recruiting plans; employ traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, relative recruiting ideas.
2. Manage the full recruiting lifecycle across a variety of open roles.
3. Partner with HR Supervisor to design, refine, and implement innovative recruitment strategies.
4. Remain active with job boards, social networks, and platforms for finding quality candidates, and create and post job descriptions and announcements.
5. Work with hiring managers to; efficiently and effectively fill open positions, develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
6. Build networks to find qualified candidates through: social media, recruiting platforms, professional organizations, and in other position-appropriate venues. Locate and document where to find ideal candidates.
7. Coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives. Attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition; develop working relationships with colleges, and work with deans of colleges to attract students in field of study.
8. Develop and track measurable facets of the recruiting and hiring process. Collect data on cost-per-hire, time to hire, employee turnover rate/cost, and preventable employee turnover.
9. Follows all Y policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
10. Other duties may be assigned.