Aquatics Director - Fox West (Greenville, WI)
Fox West YMCA
Lifeguard Coordinator - Cape Ann YMCA
YMCA of the North Shore
Competitive Swim Director
Under the direction of the Director of Aquatics and with the guidance of the Manager of Aquatics and in accordance with Association policies, the Aquatic Coordinator is responsible for assisting with management and sound operations of the Aquatics Department. The Aquatic Coordinator will directly supervise, guide and develop Aquatics staff to ensure that participants development occurs in a fun, healthy, and safe environment, and to ensure program outcomes are consistently achieved. The Aquatic Coordinator will work alongside the Director of Aquatics to implement and conduct offsite Aquatics Programs including: Swim Schools, Safety Around Water, and Water Exercise. Aquatic Coordinator will manage offsite Aquatic Staff alongside the Director of Aquatics.
Nationally Recognized Lifeguard and Swim instructor Certification (i.e. ARC, YMCA, etc.) or the ability to obtain within 90 days is required. Lifeguard Instructor Certification within 6 months of hire. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education/experience is preferred. 1 – 2 years of successful program management experience that includes experience managing Aquatics staff is preferred. Should have a positive history of leadership in the areas of staff and volunteer supervision.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
1. Proven ability to display initiative, good judgment and ability to make decisions with minimal input.
2. Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills; public speaking and ability to conduct training programs.
3. Competent computer skills; Windows environment.
4. High level of knowledge and demonstrated competence in the areas of aquatic safety and instruction. Requires flexible hours to work evenings and weekends.
1. Ensure that daily care of members is a key priority through direct supervision of Aquatics staff.
2. Support Branch Aquatics staff and programs by providing leadership and support.
3. Support & In-directly manage all aspects of branch and off-site aquatic program operations.
4. Work Direct Service as Lifeguard and Swim Instructor at the Rite-Hite Family YMCA and Off-site facilities. This position includes up to 30 hours of direct service during the fall, winter, and spring seasons.
5. Assist in scheduling Branch Aquatic Department Staff including: Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Slide Attendants and Aquatic Instructors of Group Exercise to ensure proper supervision and safety of all program activities.
6. Maintain Compliance with YMCA of the USA Aquatic Guidelines and Wisconsin Aquatic/Pool Health Code.
7. Assist in coordination and management of offsite programs as it relates to partnerships and revenue generation.
8. Work directly with Branch Leadership and staff in the absences of the Director/Manager of Aquatics to ensure excellence and consistency in service through daily care of members, program participants and volunteers.
9. Ensure quality program delivery through staff excellence in an effort to achieve programmatic outcomes.
10.Strictly adhere to all Aquatics policies and procedures related to safety and conduct rules and other regulations.
11.Represent and articulate the Association’s Aquatics mission and program to individuals, businesses & communities.
12.Maintain relevant certifications: American Red Cross – Lifeguard, CPR, AED, Lifeguard Instructor, YMCA – USA: YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor, American Safety & Health Institute: Emergency Oxygen, Level 3 Instructor
13.Conduct Association Wide Safety Training as scheduled by Director of Aquatics. Trainings include: Lifeguarding, BLS, Emergency Oxygen, First Aid
14.Accountable to the Director of Aquatics for execution of Association policies and procedures
15.Serve as a branch specific First Responder as needed.
16.Be committed to the YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee’s Child Abuse/Neglect Prevention efforts as a mandatory reporter.