The Historic Ward Family YMCA is looking a dedicated and passtionate leader with a background in Aquatics! Join our team today!
The role of the Aquatics Experience Leader is to create a fun, safe and healthy environment in the YMCA branches that ensures everyone feels welcome. The Aquatics Experience Leader will serve as a dynamic member of the YMCA team by serving our communities in multiple ways; working with a team to create a branch environment and culture that embodies the Y’s mission of strengthening spirit, mind and body. This role will focus on developing, organizing and implementing a high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatic program while ensuring pool safety, cleanliness, and training standards are met and aligned with YMCA of the USA, YMCA of Central Ohio, and the State of Ohio rules and recommendations. The Aquatics Experience Leader will be a multi-function team player who thrives on connecting with people, problem solving, listening and creating.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) in recreation, aquatics, social sciences, or a related field preferred, and two years experience working in an aquatics environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
- Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
- Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations.
- YMCA Team Leader certification; if not certified, must obtain certification within 12 months
- Team leader certification requires: Principles and Practices; Introduction to Volunteerism; Introduction to Leading Others; Introduction to Fiscal Management; Leadership competency assessment; Team Leader Certification Test.
- Training Requirements:
- Immediately upon hire: lifeguarding certification (ARC); American Red Cross First Aid & CPR for Professional Rescuer; AED, O2 and state-mandated concussion training
- Within 6 months of hire: LGI (ARC)
- Within 1 year of hire: become YSL Instructor
YMCA Global Leadership Certification: if not certified, must obtain certification within 12 months.