Associate Branch Executive
YMCA of Delaware
Vice President, Operations
YMCA of Greater Boston
The position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Branch Director at the Downtown YMCA Community and Aquatic Center stewards the Y’s cause, serving the members, program participants and the community. The Branch Director is responsible to launch, maintain and grow all aspects of operations of the Downtown YMCA, including management of facilities, aquatics, racquet sports, child watch, fitness center and member services. The Branch Director oversees the operation of the Y and participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, and collaboration with community stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent experience.
• 5-7 years of management experience, YMCA or other similar business model and/or launch of new operation preferred.
• Experience managing and growing significant operational budgets
• Ability to direct total operations through supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
1. Launches the facility and operations at the New Downtown YMCA Community and Aquatics Center
2. Establishes plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives and the leadership team.
3. Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program and/or membership growth for the YMCA. Measures progress and ensures continuous improvement.
4. Provides direct oversight for the directors of aquatics, racquet sports, child watch, fitness center and other new programs of the Downtown YMCA.
5. Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met, and safety procedures are followed.
6. Manages the budgeting process so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives. Ensures operating budgets meet or exceed targets.
7. Oversees the hiring, training, development, scheduling, and supervision of staff.
8. Serves as an integral and working part of the Branch operations, setting the standard for others.
9. Effectively communicates community benefit and the Y’s impact for all stakeholders including volunteers, members, program participants and community leaders.
10. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs which support the Y mission, goals, and strategies.
11. Directs the financial development activities of the branch. The Y: We’re for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
12. Ensures the safety and maintenance of high-quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES: Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to [email protected]