Preschool Head Teacher-La Jolla
Dan McKinney Family YMCA
Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
YMCA of Montclair
Preschool Teacher FT - Dan McKinney
Dan McKinney Family YMCA
As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job. We offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Human/Child Development or a related field and/or Associate Degree in ECE.
• Minimum of one year experience in a teaching position.
• Current certifications in infant/child CPR and first aid OR completion of both certifications within 30 days of employment.
• Ability to communicate clearly, appropriately and correctly both verbally and in writing with parents,
• children, co-workers, volunteers and supervisors.
• Maintain all state training hours and Y-USA trainings.
• Uphold the mission of the YMCA, and demonstrate behaviors that reflect a determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming nature
• Plans and implements developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive early childhood curriculum based on current research in child development and aligning with the state Early Learning Standards.
• Designs an environment with activities that facilitate the cognitive, physical, social, emotional, language/linguistic development of children ages birth through 5
• Actively recruits program participants
• Creates relationships with Community Partners
• Sets up 13 interest areas, including an outside area and sets up/breaks down environment on an as needed basis
• Maintains the learning environment by arranging materials in appropriate, safe, and attractive ways
• Ensures program implementation is consistent with YMCA strategic plan with an emphasis on health and wellness
• Submits monthly lesson plan to the site supervisor for review in accordance with lesson plan procedures
• Assists in recruiting, orienting, recognizing and retaining part-time staff
• Provides direct supervision of part-time staff daily
• Leads part-time staff in preparation of materials for planned activities, set up and pack up of the environment as needed, and arranges materials in a safe and attractive manner monitoring environmental health and safety hazards
• Interacts with all program participants creating a welcoming environment and modeling positive behavior which promotes growth in all developmental areas
• Facilitates and model’s appropriate caregiver/child interactions at program site
• Maintains enrollment forms, attendance, and health records up to date
• Submits all required documents to Program Supervisor in a timely manner
• Order/purchase supplies and materials as needed
• Assists with tracking and reporting on all required funding metrics
• Gathers information about children’s and caregivers’ development using observation and reporting tools
• Works closely with supervisor to guide curriculum planning based on assessments for children and adults and to be aware of participants’ growth and development
• Makes referrals for any needed early intervention services
• Collaborates with community agencies by providing presentations at program sites and is informed about services and programs in the community
• Works with Program Supervisor to collaborate with health, social services, and other professionals as necessary to provide appropriate referrals/services to families
• Demonstrates knowledge of and sensitivity to participants’ culture.
• Maintains confidentiality of program participants and staff/volunteers
• Demonstrates appropriate leadership, professionalism, and initiative
• Informs supervisor of plans, activities, and participant progress and program status
• Participates in available professional development workshops and training meetings designed to improve teaching skills and/or the program
• Performs other duties as assigned by Program Supervisor
• Will assist with Child Development Center during the school year as needed as well as Summer Camp programs during the Summer