Let the next step in your career be a footprint in the sands of sunny Tampa, Florida.
Under the direction of the Center Executive Director, the Membership Director leads center membership staff in attracting, engaging and retaining members. This includes driving a superior member experience, increasing membership enrollment, and enhancing membership connection/engagement, thereby increasing membership and program satisfaction and retention. This position ensures that membership administration operates efficiently and employs a continuous improvement model to meet and/or exceed goals for satisfaction, membership mix and budgeted net membership revenue.
Critical areas of expertise include: relationship-driven sales and service, peer and community influence, enhancing the member experience, retention strategies, leading others and working in teams, successfully overseeing part-time/full-time teams and interviewing, hiring and onboarding associates.
Education/ Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous supervisory experience in sales and customer service preferred which would include three or more years’ experience in managing personnel
- Has supervised or served in leadership role in 1,500+ unit membership base preferred
- Supervision of budget exceeding $500,000 preferred (or equivalent budgeting and / or goal achievement)
- Demonstrated track record of generating leads and closing sales
- Demonstrated track record of developing and implementing results oriented retention and engagement strategies
- Strategic planning and tactical execution experience that resulted in achievement of goals
- Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments
of the community
Program Quality and Growth
- Welcome Center Operations > Leads the welcome center operations to ensure membership engagement, acquisition, retention, and continuous improvement to include, but not limited to:
- Ensure standards are being followed for member service and engagement.
- Timely notification to member services team associates about any changes regarding center, program and other related information critical to member service and engagement
- Membership Enrollment >Drives membership enrollment including meeting/exceeding established goals. This includes:
- Assists the association marketing team and center leadership teams to execute enrollment and marketing plans for the center.
- Overseeing the identification and follow-up on opportunities to increase membership and converts prospects to members.
- Assists with meeting/exceeding revenue goals (net) for new and existing membership and optimizes the center(s)’ membership
- Assists with leveraging marketing resources and drives frequent/regular community, web and social media communications and engagement.
- Conducts new, returning, and prospect cause-driven member tours and assisting in ensuring a seamless transition based on member-specific needs and interests.
- Identify and attend community events to promote Y membership.
- Solicit and track sales leads, continually follow-up with prospective members to secure tour appointments, perform all feature/benefit tours of the family center, and close tours by enrolling prospects as members.
- Providing enrollment and marketing support as needed including web and/or social media communications and engagement.
- Administration > Manages daily business and administration functions, welcome center operations to ensure best in class membership experience.
- Supervises/coaches team and ensures welcome center operations align with member experience, member acquisition, and member administration goals.
- Generates and/or analyzes membership, enrollment, and revenue reports to monitor and report on achievement of membership goals.
- Ensures adherence to all YMCA policies and procedures regarding the safety, health and welfare of members, program participants, guests and staff.
- Team Leadership
- Hire, develop, motivate and retain a team of membership associates committed to the YMCA’s mission and Promise.
- Advocates for association-wide practices and is a source for innovative ways to grow the membership experience, base, and practices.
- Provides collaborative leadership and guidance to peers through association-wide membership meetings, direct one-on-one best practice sharing with peers both in and outside the center.
- Develops and monitors staff member development plans and training opportunities that promote career growth within the Y.
Membership Engagement and Retention > Increases member connection and commitment to YMCA programs and services ensuring the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned to YMCA goals including:
- Gathers data about member satisfaction and interests to ensure connection to programs, services, and other members.
- Partner with center leadership, program operations, and other related teams to ensure the member experience is consistent, integrated and aligned with member needs.
- Oversees new and returning member orientation to ensure effective onboarding to include wellness and program teams.
Safety and Risk Management
- Ensures all Tampa Y program standards and best practices are implemented and followed. Applies YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to best practices, emergency procedures, medical and disciplinary situations and child abuse prevention.
- Ensures all program associates are properly trained and prepared for emergency situations. This includes implementing and following training requirements in addition to ensuring proper reporting of all incidents/accidents according to risk management procedures.
- Maintains proper records, including associate certifications, meetings, and trainings.
- Schedules associates and volunteers in accordance to safety and program needs and ensures all safety and program ratios are followed.
- Monitors programming to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health & safety regulations.
Completes all job related, supervisory and other trainings as required.
Performs all other duties as assigned.