Event & Registration Coordinator
Blue Ridge Assembly YMCA
Vice President of Operations
YMCA of Greenwich Inc.
Regional Facilities Director - Louisville
YMCA of Greater Louisville
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Operations Director at the Sidney-Shelby County YMCA serves in a senior level management position and ensures successful operation of the YMCA.
1. Direct and administer the operation of the Y as it pertains to youth programing, gymnastics, aquatics, membership and wellness.
2. Recruit, hire, supervise and develop department staff and volunteers through the use of Leadership Competency Model resources.
3. Partners with the CEO, board and community to ensure the Y is identifying and meeting community needs effectively.
4. Assists in the preparation of the Y’s annual budget.
5. Monitors monthly department financial reports to assure that revenue targets are met and expenses
6. Assists the Y’s annual Community Partners Campaign in close harmony with staff and volunteers.
7. Identifies potential areas for branch cooperative programming to accomplish YMCA goals, and works with staff groups to develop and implement programs.
8. Creates effective, sustainable, organization-wide collaborations.
9. Represents the CEO in the community as needed.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to
another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.