This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Acts as a leader in the county-wide taskforce working to address the social determinants of health through collaboration and resource-sharing. Responsible for building relationship with internal and external stakeholders, visiting partner agencies, schedule resource sharing and evaluating outcomes. Act as liaison to committee(s) and advisory board(s) as needed. Note: This is a grant-funded position through June 2023, the future of the position will adapt as funding is available.
- Provides direct support to the development of assigned early learning centers, providing coaching and guidance to the early learning teams specific to educational curriculum, quality first standards and student portfolios.
- Oversees the student enrollment and recruitment process; ensuring grant funded enrollment slots are filled based on most-in-need and grant criteria.
- Coordinate the engagement of the YMCA in community events; supporting family engagement and impact strategies.
- Serves as part of the early learning grant management team, ensuring all grant data and required components for funding sources are captured and implemented into programs.
- Evaluates programs for education curriculum, teacher strategies and provides support for advancing the academic success of all programs.
- Serves as the lead coordinator of the Teaching Strategies platform to include Tadpoles (parent communication), Creative Curriculum (curriculum development) and Teaching Strategies Gold (student portfolios).
- Supports the recruitment and hiring of early learning employees and volunteers throughout the valley.
- Provides coaching, training, mentoring and technical assistance specific to early learning and center management to early learning and branch employees.
- Develops a comprehensive training and development plan for early learning roles in partnership with the Executive Director of Early Learning.
- Serves a subject matter expert for early learning for the association, providing support to the early learning cabinet.
- Assesses and monitors early learning programs for alignment and compliance to AZ-DHS licensing standards, Quality First standards and YMCA best practices.
*This is not an exhaustive list of job duties. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned.