The Dale Turner Family Y is seeking a enthusastic leader to join our team as the Aquatics Director. Apply Today!
*This is an on-site position
We are looking for a responsible and engaged leader who is excited at the prospect of developing and leading our Aquatics team and programs. Our staff team plays a key role in developing the potential in our young people, ensuring aquatic safety standards are met, and serving on an engaging and dynamic team. You will be responsible for the development, implementation, administration, growth, and evaluation of effective, innovative, and safe aquatics programs. You will ensure that day to day operations run smoothly and that members and program participants have an exceptional experience.
Hiring Range: $65,520/year - $72,072/year
Full Salary Range: $65,520/year - $98,280/year
What you'll get from working at The Y
- Membership to the YMCA of Greater Seattle for you and your household
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Retirement with generous employer contributions
- Free access to mental health resources
- Rapidly-accruing paid time off (PTO) available immediately upon hire
- Discounts on qualifying YMCA of Greater Seattle childcare and day camp programs
Some benefits only available to full-time staff
- Bachelor's degree or related field or equivalent education/experience.
- Four or more years of related experience including staff and volunteer supervision, program development, budget management, and fund raising.
- Ability/experience training Aquatic employees.
- Current state approved first-aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer certifications.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard trainer or equivalent certification recognized by the YMCA of Greater Seattle Aquatic Standards.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate affectively at all levels of the organization and to represent the Y in a professional manner.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, database, spreadsheet software, and web-based applications.
- knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.).
- Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
Cause-Driven Leadership Competencies
- Values: Strengthens the Y’s culture by demonstrating the values of the Y - honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility - in every aspect of work.
Inclusion: Models cultural competence and supports diversity, effectively working with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
- Develop Self and Others: Demonstrates teamwork and personal accountability, seeking and providing feedback, coaching, and resources for development.
- Quality Results: Takes the initiative and holds self and others accountable to meet or exceed quantitative and qualitative goals relating to people (employees and members), philanthropy, finance and volunteerism.
- Change Capacity: Facilitates change, seeks opportunities in the change process, models adaptability, and leads transition in support of the Y’s mission.
- Inspire Others: Promotes creativity, generates excitement, and rewards risk taking, while consistently